Master's Thesis Survey

What's Hot

Hey guys,

As part of my Master's degree in UX, I'm conducting a research with the ultimate goal of helping musicians collaborate. This is already the second phase of my research where I'm hoping to find a correlation between my existing findings and the personality of musicians. 

If you are  a musician between 18-50 and have 10-15 minutes free time, and would like to have a chance to win one of three £10 Amazon vouchers in a raffle I would really appreciate it if you guys could take this survey! 

https://goo.gl/forms/eWXazGvpno3oOtFX2

Cheers! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 890
    If you are aged 51 or over you can enter this free prize draw to win a £10 Amazon gift token.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Unfortunately you have alienated about 70% of the fretboard population by it being for 50 and under :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8846
    Certainly alienated those of us who have the time to answer such questionnaires. Why the age limit? How is age relevant to the research? Have you checked that it doesn't contravene university guidelines on ageism, sexism and all the other isms?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • gnrfreekgnrfreek Frets: 0
    I'm sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. There is a good reason for this age limit. According to some researchers, the "Big 5 Personality Traits" stop changing at around 50 years of age. Also my previous participants were up to a certain age, so I had to draw an age limit unfortunately. I would love to get into more details, but I don't want to give away the study completely
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    I'm happy to fill in the form and just under the age limit but near enough to old-age related grumpiness to point out that collaboration is enhanced by clear communication, including perhaps an explanation of what UX is

(just taking the piss ;)  ) 

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    I've done it but only because you're at Loughborough University which is near me. I'd guess soon as this is over you'll be gone 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    I am 61 so I must be past it. Whatever "it" is. Good luck with your research @gnrfreek
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    54 and I don't want to collaborate with you b*stards anyway ....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gnrfreekgnrfreek Frets: 0
    I've done it but only because you're at Loughborough University which is near me. I'd guess soon as this is over you'll be gone 
    from Loughborough? probably, not many jobs in my industry around here. 
    if you meant the forum, I'm not sure about that. I've put most of my musical activities on hold for the degree, but I really want to get back to it as soon as I regain all that free time, which would mean I would have time to discuss online as well. So for that reason, I'm likely going to stick around if it's alright with you ;) 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8846
    If you're still around at the end of the month you can come to our gig, at the Unicorn in Loughborough town centre, on Friday 30th. We can discuss musicians' personalities with a row of real examples in front of us. Some of them are even under 50.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.