MJT Strats

What's Hot

Comments

• jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    In expecting to pay around £800 for my tele.
    I'm also budgeting for a pro setup at the end too.

Buying on the eBay auction will save you generally around £100 or so I suspect . Although you might need some patience to get what you want. It took me about 2 months to get what I wanted at the right price .

By the way If you look closely at the neck pocket. You will see the weight of the body as it's not always mentioned in the description.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bucket;160618" said:
    Thanks!

I think I'll go with a Musikraft neck, although they put the MJT headstock decal on it, which I don't want... they seem to have the best options though. As for the auctions, there's a green body on eBay atm but it's horrible - there's a load of sunburst poking through underneath it! I'll keep an eye out, although I think I'd rather get the whole thing as one package, just to make it easier. :)
    You don't have to have their decal I'm sure - just ask them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 405
    edited February 2014
    redrighthand said: You don't have to have their decal I'm sure - just ask them.
    I found them very amenable in this department
    *taps nose and winks*
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I had an MJT tele which was ace. @travisthedog has it now, he will hopefully be along to give testament to it's awesomeness! 
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    stonevibe said:
    I want to build something like this.

That's the sort of thing I'm trying to do.. although in a different colour.
  • Yup

The MJT Cabronita I have (was @Hymnal) is a proper peach

• I want to do a Tele this year at some point, a nice double bound...

This helps when working out pricing...

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Are there any other suppliers of relic parts? The only one I know is http://crazyparts.de but they don't see to have many on their website.
    Si_;160803" said:
    Are there any other suppliers of relic parts? The only one I know is http://crazyparts.de but they don't see to have many on their website.

42nd street guitars from this country do relic stuff. I don't know if the are any good as I haven't used them yet though.

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Si_ said:

Crazy parts website is unintuitive and rubbish to navigate.  There is loads in there, just well hidden.  They also have an eBay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Crazyparts-Web-Shop?_rdc=1  Their shipping costs are horrific if you only want one or two items.  You get a free packet of Haribo with every order though ...    :|

Fake 58 (Google) are in the UK and do some decent stuff.

• jaygtr said:
    Si_;160803" said:

42nd street guitars from this country do relic stuff. I don't know if the are any good as I haven't used them yet though.

I emailed about a Telecaster kit from 42nd Street. It was more than MJT charge, but cheaper than getting an MJT once imported, with duty and VAT etc.  In my opinion, the MJT stuff looks better and has more options, and there's pages and pages of happy customer's reviews to back their work up, so I'd still go that route myself.

Here's mine.. Single piece ash MJT body in trans blonde. It's finished with a Fender MIJ 57ri neck, Callaham trem, BK Apaches and Fatboy plastics.

I'm thinking of doing a Tele next time.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• Can we halt this thread please? I've had 4 or 5 Strats and have never got on with them...the middle pickup is in the wrong place. This thread is making me GAS for a strat but if I scratch that itch I'll just sell it a few months later.

Please stop.
    vasselmeyer;161086" said:
    Can we halt this thread please? I've had 4 or 5 Strats and have never got on with them...the middle pickup is in the wrong place. This thread is making me GAS for a strat but if I scratch that itch I'll just sell it a few months later.

Please stop.

It doesn't matter if you sell it.

Half the fun is in the building of it! ;)

• redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 749
    edited February 2014
    I ended up using a non reliced callaham trem - looks awesome IMO. Axesrus are good for little bits - screws etc - and do a few reliced parts. Some eBay sellers doing them too. Long may this thread continue :)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited February 2014
    I'm really looking forward to starting mine.

Well ok, I'm more looking forward to having it finished but you know :D
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I've had Crazyparts and Monster Relics parts off Marc at Mojo Pickups, as he is the UK dealer for them (or a UK dealer, not sure which). and both are really good quality. He also ages hardware himself and is good at it, so it is always worth asking about anything else too.

The Monster Relics necks are especially good - genuinely old looking and feeling rather than battered and sanded.

• Bucket said:
    I'm really looking forward to starting mine.

Well ok, I'm more looking forward to having it finished but you know :D
    Odd though it sounds, I'm really looking forward to you starting yours.  

CAG is an awesome, much underrated colour :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • What is mjt?
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom