Roger's Profanisaurus Magna Farta

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6583

CHRISB50 said:
    One of my mates used to buy Viz religiously. He wrote in a few times and had one of his letters featured. He proudly reported he'd had four shits that day, and enquired if anyone could beat his total. 

Due to the resounding response, Viz ran a feature in the following copy with a map of the UK showing which areas of the country shit the most. 

My friend who wrote the original letter lost the copies years back. It's his 40th this year so we wanted to get him something special. Another friend wrote to Viz and asked how he could get hold of the two back issues. He managed to find the letter and subsequent survey were on the website but they weren't dated. 

The lovely people at Viz sent two pristine copies at their own cost. They also included a card for my mate James, with some hand drawn cartoons of Roger Mellie and the Fat Slags, wishing him happy birthday. 

A nice gesture I'm sure you'll agree. 
    A touching and lovely story, warms the heart in this 'drab and colourless world' (oblique lyric reference from 1979...answers on a postcard)
    Is it Wasteland by The Jam, from Setting Sons, later covered by Smiths-wannabe 90's band Gene?

Correct. 10 points to you @RocknRollDave
    Still have my copy of Setting Sons on vinyl :)  Wasn't cool enough to buy it in 79, think I got it in about 83

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• CHRISB50 said:
    One of my mates used to buy Viz religiously. He wrote in a few times and had one of his letters featured. He proudly reported he'd had four shits that day, and enquired if anyone could beat his total. 

Due to the resounding response, Viz ran a feature in the following copy with a map of the UK showing which areas of the country shit the most. 

My friend who wrote the original letter lost the copies years back. It's his 40th this year so we wanted to get him something special. Another friend wrote to Viz and asked how he could get hold of the two back issues. He managed to find the letter and subsequent survey were on the website but they weren't dated. 

The lovely people at Viz sent two pristine copies at their own cost. They also included a card for my mate James, with some hand drawn cartoons of Roger Mellie and the Fat Slags, wishing him happy birthday. 

A nice gesture I'm sure you'll agree. 
    A touching cloth story, warms the heart in this 'drab and colourless world' (oblique lyric reference from 1979...answers on a postcard)
    FTFY.  :)

I used to have a Viz subscription and would save them up to read on flights.  My missus could always tell when I got to the proranisaurus, due to me snorting and crying with laughter.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom