Show images in mobile view

What's Hot
Apologies if this has been posted before..

Are there any settings in Vanilla to make image URL's show in the responsive mobile view as it does for desktop and tablet view? Would put an end to people grumbling about photobucket links/popups (well, maybe). 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26624
    edited June 2017
    Short version: No.

Long version: Not really, no.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17630
    tFB Trader
    It's deliberate to save on bandwidth when you are in the mobile view.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    It's deliberate to save on bandwidth when you are in the mobile view.
    People are clicking the links anyway, so that's probably not the best reason to not enable if it was even possible. Better still, make it a per user option.

Short version: No.

Long version: Not really, no.
    Shame!

• WezVWezV Frets: 16701
    edited June 2017

If you look at any of my posts with pics of mobile or desktop the pic should display rather than the link.    I use a combination of photobucket (old stuff) and imgur (new stuff) without any viewing issues on desktop or mobile.  I have tested this on iphones, windows phones and an old android tablet

I use the same process for both.   I go to the relevant pic, right click on it and copy the image link.  I then paste this in the attach/image file box above the text editor.    If you post it in the actual text editor it will show a pic on desktop, link on mobile

The only downside is I have ntot figured out how to do this  from mobile.  I don't think that is possible.   I have to post  on desktop, but they then display fine on both

edited June 2017
    WezV said:

If you look at any of my posts with pics of mobile or desktop the pic should display rather than the link.    I use a combination of photobucket (old stuff) and imgur (new stuff) without any viewing issues on desktop or mobile.  I have tested this on iphones, windows phones and an old android tablet

I use the same process for both.   I go to the relevant pic, right click on it and copy the image link.  I then paste this in the attach/image file box above the text editor.    If you post it in the actual text editor it will show a pic on desktop, link on mobile

The only downside is I have ntot figured out how to do this  from mobile.  I don't think that is possible.   I have to post  on desktop, but they then display fine on both

When I'm posting on a desktop, I do the same thing. I mostly post from mobile / tablet though. 
    Then you are screwed ;)

i tend to to hold back any updates with pictures until I can get to a pc.  
    WezV said:
    Then you are screwed ;)

i tend to to hold back any updates with pictures until I can get to a pc.  
    That's just because you are a tease @WezV !
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    edited June 2017
    @WezV ;;

To embed on mobile just press space after pasting the URL in the insert image URL editor. For some reason it scrolls you to the top of the page, other than that it works on my iPhone.

This is posted from mobile.

I don't even want to touch PB on the mobile
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7961
    Use imgur instead. A lot of people have abandoned PB because of how awful it is with mobiles.

The point is you can embed from mobile if you press space after pasting the URL in the editor 
    As I said in my first post... new stuff is in Imgur.  I still have 10 years worth of guitar building pics in PB.
    Although I have to say, I find viewing Imgur links annoying on mobile as it always wants to open the bloody App!  

i could get rid of the app, but that makes uploading to Imgur a piece of piss.