Soul Food honest opinions?

d8md8m Frets: 2434
edited February 2014 in FX
Been looking into one these since they came out and have just come back in stock on amazon.

I know they are a Klon clone but I've never played a Klon so can't use that to make a decision. 

In attempt to not get caught in the hype I was wondering if anyone with a bit more experience with Klons/soul food can gimme a bit of a low down on why its so good (if) and whether the soul food is worth picking up. 

I was considering one to run alongside my East River Drive.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17886
    tFB Trader
    It's a clean boost / light drive with a nice sounding buffer. 
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    edited February 2014
    Purchased.

Couple of vids really sold me. I'm gonna boost it into the ERD to get crazy

On a real EHX kick lately.

No more pedals this year....
    :))

• Let us know what it sounds like?  I have been listening/looking for an affordable Klone, but all those I've seen get bid up to about £90 on the Electronic beach inlet..
    Something funky going on with the amazon system at the moment so it's questionable wether the orders gone through or will be cancelled.

If it goes through I'll give a run down when I've had a play.

• I've had one for a while, pre-ordered and got one of the first load from GAK. Gigged with it twice using it as a boost (volume and a bit of grit) into a crunchy amp. Sounds pretty good indeed, but i've never played a Klon or any other Klone (that I'm aware off). For £49 it's a decent sounding mid overdrive pedal. I might actually take my Timmy off my board and just use the Soul Food for the pub gigs I do (I've got both on my board performing the same function).
    edited February 2014
    Sounds promising. 

Mines coming from GAK but I'm still having fun with amazon saying GAKs emails aren't working. How are they on delivery time? 

The pedals being delivered to my work so needs to arrive by Friday. 

I have asked GAK if this is possible and if it isn't to cancel the order but I don't really want that to happen.
    :(

• shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    I like mine, though I cannot comment on how close or not it is to a klon. Lots of good usable tones. Currently preferring it with the gain at 1-3 o clock rather than at lower gain
  • d8m said:
    Sounds promising. 

Mines coming from GAK but I'm still having fun with amazon saying GAKs emails aren't working. How are they on delivery time? 

The pedals being delivered to my work so needs to arrive by Friday. 

I have asked GAK if this is possible and if it isn't to cancel the order but I don't really want that to happen.
    :(
    I had great service from them. @MarkGAK posts here sometimes, he might be able to help. 
  • MarkGAKMarkGAK Frets: 118
    Hey @d8m I'm here to help!

By the looks of things, all of our Soul Food orders have now been dispatched. However, if you still haven't got it by the end of play today, drop me a PM and I'll sort it out in time for Friday.
    MarkGAK said:
    Hey @d8m I'm here to help!

By the looks of things, all of our Soul Food orders have now been dispatched. However, if you still haven't got it by the end of play today, drop me a PM and I'll sort it out in time for Friday.

Alex Has emailed me this morning to let me know everything is all in order.

Soul Food is being dispatched today for delivery tomorrow which is good cos it needs to be here before the weekend as its coming to my work :)

cannot wait!

@d8m

Great stuff. Let me know how you get on with it. I've not even had my hands on one yet because every one that has come in has gone straight out again!
    edited February 2014
    @MarkGAK

Yeh they do seem to be a bit hard to come by at the moment. Im guessing that from all the rave reviews EHX are struggling to keep up with demand.

Before long they'll be harder to come by than original Klons. :))

I wasn't actually going to buy one yet as I've got an East River Drive Inbound.

But when I saw them come back in stock I jumped before they disappeared again!

When it comes in and I've had a good chance to play with it(likely Saturday) and do a little write up if people want :)

@d8m

That sounds good to me. I'd like to hear your opinion on it.