ZVEX Box of Rock - What's more betterer?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JDE said:
    @smudge_lad - i'm gonna send the Woodrow to Darn for a bit, when I get it back, i'll post it to you to have a bash on if you want? If you can get one on the bay for cheap, though, it's well worth it. Always handy to have something like that kicking about for overdubs. You still got the Plexitone? Would sound the bomb stacked with it.

Na, I decided that instead of trying to find a Marshall in a box, I'd just buy a Marshall - got a JVM410h now! I'm just on the hunt for some drive pedals that can offer a different flavour now....some fuzzy stuff, some transparent stuff, some chimy stuff!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Welcome to the longest road in the world!
  • swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    Really happy you like it so much. Did not want to take part in this thread until you had an opinion on the menatone.

Been down this road and tried many of those mentioned here. Must admit that the menatone, the BoR and the Tech21 have been my favourites.
    smudge_lad said:Na, I decided that instead of trying to find a Marshall in a box, I'd just buy a Marshall - got a JVM410h now! I'm just on the hunt for some drive pedals that can offer a different flavour now....some fuzzy stuff, some transparent stuff, some chimy stuff!
    Gone down this path too. Funnily found that some marshalls in a box work great into actual marshalls. The BoR's boost worked a treat into the clean channel of my DSL and the drive section was awesome into the od channel.

• swlabr said:
    Gone down this path too. Funnily found that some marshalls in a box work great into actual marshalls. The BoR's boost worked a treat into the clean channel of my DSL and the drive section was awesome into the od channel.

Yeah, I know the feeling of this too, which is why I'm now GASsing a bit for another BOR! Ive tried tons of MIAB pedals, and the BOR was definitely one of my favourites! I've currently got a modded Guv'nor 2 for my bedroom jams, and even that sounds killer when it's running into the JVM!
  • swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    edited February 2014
    swlabr said:

Yeah, I know the feeling of this too, which is why I'm now GASsing a bit for another BOR! Ive tried tons of MIAB pedals, and the BOR was definitely one of my favourites! I've currently got a modded Guv'nor 2 for my bedroom jams, and even that sounds killer when it's running into the JVM!
    ooohhh. That made me remember its clone, the MI Audio Crunchbox is also a very nice MIAB. And not very expensive either