Soundhole pickup options

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72352
    That's exactly why I'm probably selling my Fishman Aura. It can sound amazing when recorded, but it's very unpredictable when going into a PA or an amp - it can be quite weird and artificial-sounding - so for open mic-type gigs I can't trust it. Even with the modelling turned off the preamp seems to have too powerful EQ or something...

My ancient Fishman Pro EQ preamp is the opposite, at its best it never sounds quite as good - it does have that 'classic piezo tone' to some extent, although it's not as bad as many - but it's consistent and easy to get a usable sound with through anything.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    +1 to the M1A. I gigged one for 18 months and it was great. I'd bet @guycp is right that the M1-non-A is better through a good preamp, but obviously a little more faff to set up. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom