New high-end guitar fret buzz?

Hi guys,

So slightly annoyed at the moment – my flat seems to be a guitar death trap.

Last Saturday I had an NGD – specifically a Martin OMC-35E. Most expensive guitar I’ve ever purchased, and we played about 5 different models in shops before settling on it – it won over the 18 and 28 models as well as over the GCP ones.

I find, last evening, after having put it in my living room for a few days, that it has developed some fret buzz, mostly on the middle frets 3-9 or so. I use a capo a lot, and so this is a distinct problem.

It was not evident in the shop so what precisely just happened? How can I reduce the fret buzz issues going forward? My les paul also suffers from them, as did my Taylor, so it seems to be a thing with my flat, no idea why.

Any help?

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    dont panic - sounds like the guitar is re-acclimatizing to your house's humidity -
    One or two things have happened -
    1: the top has shrunk = due to lower r/h lowering the height of the strings in relation to the neck / fb angle.
    2: there isnt enough neck relief = slight dip in the f/board - slacken the truss rod a quarter turn at a time till you achieve the desired amount of relief = no buzzing. Note this can happen with string gauge changes if set to fine.
    if in doubt as to the above take it back and get them to do it.
    happy pickin
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7770
    Check relief first
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    A plus 1 on neck relief, it's not unusual tbh on a new guitar