TC bodyrez

been looking at a few videos of the TC bodyrez pedal. Anybody use one? Any good or just a bit of a gimmick?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Yep, I use one, it does reduce piezo quack and adds some warmth, works less well on nylon than steel strings though.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11449
    I've got one.  It really improves my cheaper acoustic that just has an undersaddle.  It doesn't really help with a K&K Pure Mini and with a Fishman Blender on my other two acoustics though.

With an undersaddle it's definitely worth getting a Bodyrez or something similar. 

If I was buying now I'd probably get the Boss pedal that came out a couple of months after I got my Bodyrez:
    https://www.boss.info/us/products/ad-2/

It has a balanced out so you can go to a PA without a DI box - you would need a TRS jack.  It also has a notch filter and a reverb on board.  You also have Boss reliability rather than TC unreliability.  The TC hasn't gone wrong on me yet, but I've not had good experiences with some of their other stuff.

• mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
    @crunchman thanks for the tip about the boss. Almost pulled the trigger on the bodyrez as I have an acoustic gig this weekend but the extra features on the boss seem to edge it just above the bodyrez