Bass live rig

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966
    SansAmp?

How about the Boss BD-1x? 

Darkglass if you are feeling flush? 
    One of the Sansamp range is winning at the moment I think.

The dark glass is great, but it effectively replaces the head as well and I like the cleans and would love to blend them. The Sansamp, having unaffected through means I can blend. 

I'm not understanding why you can't blend - there's a mix knob on a lot of gear and if there isn't there's always the trusty LS2.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    SansAmp?

The dark glass is great, but it effectively replaces the head as well and I like the cleans and would love to blend them. The Sansamp, having unaffected through means I can blend. 

I'm not understanding why you can't blend - there's a mix knob on a lot of gear and if there isn't there's always the trusty LS2.
    I now have an LS2

;)
    edited July 2017
    I think the RBI is great btw, but it's pretty much a one trick pony with a couple of different shades due to the quite heavily baked in scoop and natural gritty character of the drive.  As in - it can fit in a lot of situations but the character of the drive can't be changed too much relative to other preamps.

Either the VTDI or a Darkglass Vintage or BxK pedal would have more actual variation available from it.  The Darkglass Alpha Omega also looks very versatile, but I've not personally tried one... very expensive and I'd prefer an Ultra format myself anyway.
    SansAmp?

I now have an LS2

;)

Didn't even realise this thread was almost a month old!