Big Baby Taylor

What's Hot
I got one of these today in a trade for a Boss GT 100 multi effects, after giving it a Polish and restring and a bit of lemon oil it seems perfectly OK. A few rough edges on it but I'll call that "mojo", seems to play OK despite the heat.

Are they generally OK guitars? I like the shall size so hoping it's not a dud or anything

Will take photos tomorrow

Thanks
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    Yes, they're good - the GS Mini probably sounds more convincingly 'big' - but should be a nice guitar.

In terms of playability, I've never played a Taylor at any price point which is a dud.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    I've had one since they came out and had a Fishman Rare Earth Humbucker pickup fitted and I think they great. I picked it from 3 in Andertons and they were all good but my one seemed the most vibrant and zingy.

I concur with richardhomer in that I think the GS Mini is a better sounding acoustic and you also have the bonus of the built-in pickup system, which also sounds good but the Big Baby holds up very well and gives you a flavour of a Taylor at a budget.

The batteries last for ages (never changed mine as Charlie Chandler told me there was no need). 

Likes Elixirs 11 gauge, which is what they ship with and the neck is comfortable for guitarists used to an electric (not too wide)

Careful though as the back is extremely thin and you could put a hole in it if you dropped it etc

Good soft bag too
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9717
    Interesting fellas thank you. I did get the GS Mini and this one mixed up, but in any case I doubt I'd get one of those in a trade for a Boss Multi fx Haha

I'm rather hoping my woody pickup will fit in the hole because of the lack of electronics, ordinarily I wouldn't care as I've no need for it usually but in playing at a park event in an acoustic tent so need something for that.

It seems OK so far, I'm more natural playing acoustic than electric but I've never really done much with it, haven't player acoustic for a good couple of years, and even then didn't really know what was good or not in terms off sound - I'm used to piano and electric guitar where the sound comes straight at you rather than projecting outwards away from me, so I'm not too worried about the sound as much as the playability. Which incidentally seems fine for me
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic