Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NJD (New Junior Day) !

What's Hot

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    The worrying thing is, in truth it wasn't me that noticed - the better 'alf came in and asked what was around her neck and she said 'a paper in oil cap'.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2057

Rob, that is just feckin lovely.  Another reason why we should find the time to meet up for a beer/tea and scratchings/biccy.  I'll come to you if you fancy and bring the old MG401 for you to do a tracing. 

While you're doing that I'll 'ave it away on me toes with Junior...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Damn, I'd love one of them

I want to make it perfectly clear that I love your wife. Will she buy me one too?

• wow... really really nice. saw one of these for sale on mylespaul.com and didn't have the spare scratch at the time... but next best thing to a vintage one in reality!! looks the nuts.

sorry for a little derail... but what happened to the Burny SG Jr i sold ya then? is it for firewood!?
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
  • That's frickin' tidy!
    8->
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I can't stop looking at it!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3042
    McToot said:

Rob, that is just feckin lovely.  Another reason why we should find the time to meet up for a beer/tea and scratchings/biccy.  I'll come to you if you fancy and bring the old MG401 for you to do a tracing. 

While you're doing that I'll 'ave it away on me toes with Junior...

Jules, a meet up is long overdue. I'm back at work Monday, are you still working in London or are you back down my way ?
    SidNewton said:

Damn, I'd love one of them

I want to make it perfectly clear that I love your wife. Will she buy me one too?

Dunno I'll ask, she is a very generous soul :-)

monoamine said:
    wow... really really nice. saw one of these for sale on mylespaul.com and didn't have the spare scratch at the time... but next best thing to a vintage one in reality!! looks the nuts.

sorry for a little derail... but what happened to the Burny SG Jr i sold ya then? is it for firewood!?
    Well, see that was a bit of a shame.After Interparcel or whoever it was they actually use for their couriers had finished shaking the SG like an English Nanny and had the headstock off of it and then finally agreed to pay  both @JookyChap & myself made overtones about buying it back off of them as it would have been repairable. But to no avail. They insisted on taking it away before they'd pay up.

Which is a real bummer as it could've been saved
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    The burny is probably at cleartone conversions right now having a strat neck nailed on.

Lovely junior btw
  • Happy birthday. that looks great.
    monofin said:
    The burny is probably at cleartone conversions right now having a strat neck nailed on.

They've also got a previously rather lovely Jazzmaster that got mashed too - I'm watching for that on t'bay too :(

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    JookyChap;162191" said:
    monofin said:

They've also got a previously rather lovely Jazzmaster that got mashed too - I'm watching for that on t'bay too :(
    Hmm is Mark D Philips a courier in the Bristol area.........

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    What a lovely guitar. Congratulations!

Where can I get one?
  • Lovely guitar. Congrats and happy birthday. Its my 40th next year so I'll be emailing a link to this discussion to the missus
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    It's got 10 wow's. Thoroughly deserved mind.

• Can't wait to hear that one! Good things come to those who wait, eh? B-)
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5222
    edited February 2014
    jd0272 said: My Mrs bought mine too. Bless. You can't find guitar buying women, but if ya lucky they evolve into one 
    My missus gave me a very nice Fender made in Japan acoustic the day before we got married, and for our 25th wedding anniversary she gave me a Martin OOO28EC! 

Lovely looking Jr Rob, bet it sounds luscious as well.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    As lovely as the guitar is - and as impressed as I am by the excellence of Mrs Rob's gift - the most awesome part of this thread is clearly JookyChap's fatherly skills:
    JookyChap said:
    The worrying thing is, in truth it wasn't me that noticed - the better 'alf came in and asked what was around her neck and she said 'a paper in oil cap'.

Your daughter is seven years old, and she knows what 'a paper in oil cap' is. My hat is off - my youngest is the same age, and I've only just about taught her the difference between Strats and Teles... :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    jd0272 said: My Mrs bought mine too. Bless. You can't find guitar buying women, but if ya lucky they evolve into one 
    My missus gave me a very nice Fender made in Japan acoustic the day before we got married, and for our 25th wedding anniversary she gave me a Martin OOO28EC! 

Lovely looking Jr Rob, bet it sounds luscious as well.

Oooh would love a Martin acoustic. Can't for the next few years though, as my children are fckn lunatics and it wouldn't last the week.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    dchwhite;162419" said:
    As lovely as the guitar is - and as impressed as I am by the excellence of Mrs Rob's gift - the most awesome part of this thread is clearly JookyChap's fatherly skills

Yeah, try telling Social Services that :)

• A rare gem, enjoy away, and you better do something special for that amazing wife of yours!

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay