Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited January 2020
    oaf said:
    Another one(/two)!

Acustica Audio Celestial freebie:

Acustica Audio Celestial v SSL Fusion Shootout

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gear-shoot-outs-sound-file-comparisons-audio-tests/1292393-ssl-fusion-vs-acustica-audio-celestial.html

Free until 14 Feb 2020
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    Free (until 15 January) Omnisphere patch pack:

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited January 2020
    Plugin Alliance vouchers valid until 6 Jan:

PA-49-off-min-99
    $49 Off Every Order $99 or more
    Code can only be used 1x

Or

PA-111-off-min-199
    $111 Off Every Order $199 or more

Code can only be used 1x

The bx consoles are worth a look at these prices, around £25 each with voucher? ..

Console N(eve) = $49.99
    SSL G = $49.99
    SSL E = $69.99
    SSL Townhouse Buss Compressor $39.99

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

The TMT channel tolerance modelling in action..

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Thanks for this thread and let's keep it alive well as long as the bank balance survives, have to say I decided to redo my whole recording set up over the holidays on a new clean machine and new keyboard controller and this thread has helped me find some great plugin deals and got me into something new rather than in the past all I did was only really used the Logic built-in stuff as I have had fairly simple requirements. Rather than pay Apple again for Logic as my copy does not work on a modern machine I am learning Reaper and maybe Harrison Mix Bus as cheaper different alternatives.

So thanks
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    heads up on a new plugin, from pluginguru, Unify.
    A vid came up on YT, and it looked pretty impressive, lots of features, and tons of presets.
    I usually see these things and then dont really want to risk a couple of hundred on just a whim, but it is on offer now for $59, so I thought it was worth a gamble.
    I spent a few hours setting it up on my main rig last night, and this morning got it running on my B rig.
    Basically, it is a plugin host that comes with a lot of synth and sample pre-sets, 2.5 gig library.
    It then allows layering of as many as you like , and can also scan and use any 3rd part stuff you have.
    It works as standalone, and also as VST inside your DAW of choice, in my case Reaper.
    My main rig is a 2010 MBP, 16 gig ram, and I mainly use the Slate stuff on there, but my B rig, for composing and ideas is only a Asus Zenbook with 4 gig ram, I7 proc,running off SSD.
    I set up a template on the B rig, just to see how the plugin would hit resources, and it came out at about 5%, and considering how many pre-sets come with it, it works very well.
    Highly recommended for inspiration, and light footprint.
    check it out.
    andy k
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    oaf said:

Arturia free reverb, $99 after Christmas. Their servers are very overloaded though I think if you can register and add the product to your account successfully then you will be able to download it later.
    Thanks for the heads-up on this, it's a lovely reverb, I've just been sticking it on the stereo bus for solo vocal and acoustic guitar takes, really nice.

There is a quite unfortunate bug where it gives far too much reverb on export.  Here's the official line from Arturia:

Hi Martin, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, 

Indeed I have spotted and logged this bug last week, the wet level seems to raise while exporting through the VST version, 

This will be addressed in an update coming soon but I do not have a specific date at this time, 

In the meantime I'm afraid the only workaround would be to export in real time which I completely understand is time consuming. 

I remain at your entire service if you have the slightest further question and will make sure to notify you as soon as the new version is released, 

Kind regards.

Léo - Arturia Support

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    ^ I thought that was a pretty decent and honest reply and only took a few hours to get back to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Hmm interesting - and a good response as you say. I haven't played with it very much yet but thought it sounded pretty good when I tried it out.
  • BodBod Frets: 1315
    ^ I thought that was a pretty decent and honest reply and only took a few hours to get back to me.
    It's a shame that more companies don't adopt that policy.  *coughSteinberg*
  • Sounds like someone left the post_rock_debug flag enabled when compiling! :lol:

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The new Eventide Spring plug-in available for $29

Just bought it and had a quick try and seems decent. 
    Trash 2 + Expansions is available for £8.88:

There are a bunch of other iZotope bits (Elements, Stutter Edit, etc) available as a package or individually

They're also doing two free AAS player packs (not sure how great they are really) with any purchase.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    oaf said:
    Trash 2 + Expansions is available for £8.88:

There are a bunch of other iZotope bits (Elements, Stutter Edit, etc) available as a package or individually

They're also doing two free AAS player packs (not sure how great they are really) with any purchase.

Thanks @Oaf !!  I had some virtual cash too, so made it even cheaper!
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    I'm a big fan of Boz Digital Labs, and this is a great EQ in sound and use, on sale;

https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/the-hoser-xt/

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Native Instruments are heavily discounting a bunch of Output's synths for a couple of weeks.  I own Signal and Analog Strings and I'm never short of inspiration when I fire them up. 

£449 for a the bundle or £89.50 each for the others, except Exhale which is £125.30. 

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/output-offer-2020/
  • If you have an account you will no doubt have the email, but if not worth creating an account. Plugin Alliance are doing any 2 plugins for $29 each until 29th Feb with a code. Got Elysia Alpha Compressor and Black Box HG-2 for <£60 all in. 
  • Yep jsut picked up the SSL G channel but not sure what to sue the other one on. Anyone know if the mpressor is any good?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    edited February 2020
    Yep jsut picked up the SSL G channel but not sure what to sue the other one on. Anyone know if the mpressor is any good?
    I have quite a few of the Plugin Alliance plugins- the two best ones are Shadow Hills Mastering Comp and Black Box.
    Next buy the Vertigo plugins.
    Mpressor is good, so are the rest of the Elysia plugins.
    Maag are great too.
    Phil's Cascade is excellent.

This is what I currently have- if you have any specific questions about them then just ask.
    I was onboard with PA quite early on.

• octatonic said:
    Yep jsut picked up the SSL G channel but not sure what to sue the other one on. Anyone know if the mpressor is any good?
    I have quite a few of the Plugin Alliance plugins- the two best ones are Shadow Hills Mastering Comp and Black Box.
    Next buy the Vertigo plugins.
    Mpressor is good, so are the rest of the Elysia plugins.
    Maag are great too.
    Phil's Cascade is excellent.

This is what I currently have- if you have any specific questions about them then just ask.
    I was onboard with PA quite early on.

Do you mean the regular Shadow Hills one the Class A? Is it worth owning both?