CRATE VINTAGE CLUB 20

What's Hot
robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3563
Whats your views on these, one came up locally for sale.
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I was wondering about these. Seen the odd one or two on the bay of evil..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    edited June 2017
    I'm not really the best person to comment tone wise, but from a repair perspective, i have worked on a good number of the Vintage series over the years, and I have to say they are built like tanks, great PCB layout and over-sized transformers, which does make them a bit on the heavy side, but won't let you down. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    particle board cabs aren't they?

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Not sure what cab made out of yet but very thick and heavy. Much heavier than later v series they turned into.  eg US made VC5212 over 30kg later Chinese v50 is about 21kg for 2x12 version.

el84 power valves and Mark Knofler used a vintage club vc5212 from early 90's for a lot of years live and recorded.

maybe not quite as heavy built as some of heaviest chuck about on road stuff but very good none the less.

recently acquired a vc5212 and its a tone monster no doubt.  Can do heavier stuff but the clean, blues and rock crouch are lovely.  Also like that there is a master on clean and gain channels so can tune to venue size.

For price they sell at I van recommend the vintage club series

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12406
    edited April 2018
    I had one, they’re a very nice amp but yup, they’re bloody heavy. Nice to get a 12” speaker in such a relatively small enclosure which gives it plenty of clout for its size. (I liked the headphone socket too.) No idea where it is now, my daughter “lent” it to a friend and it disappeared into the ether. The “punch” switch does add something to the tone, I always thought it was a shame that feature wasn’t foot-switchable though.