Katana Mini

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8566
    I didn't like the one I had, sounded pretty uninspiring. I'd get a Blackstar Fly, as good, less money, smaller.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12283
    dindude said:
    I didn't like the one I had, sounded pretty uninspiring. I'd get a Blackstar Fly, as good, less money, smaller.
    I've got a Fly - they are great.

For £80 you can get a pack with the PSU and an extra cab included.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Any more thoughts on the Katana Mini? 

I was thinking of finally picking one up to replace my Cube 10.  I see the Katana Mini can be bought for the mere sum of £86.99 on Amazon. 

Unless your Cube 10 is broken I'd keep your money or actually upgrade to a Katana 50, the Katana mini wont have much over a cube 10 they are neat little boxes.

I don't gig or anything, I'm just a bedroom warrior, the Katana 50 would be wasted on me. 

I  just fancied a Katana Mini as a change to the Cube 10, I'm gonna keep the Cube 10.  I read the gain on the Katana Mini is analog, not sure if it's analog on the Cube 10, but some of the gain channels are uninspiring.  The Cube 10 works well with pedals, but it takes a lot of tweaking.  I'm looking forward to trying out some of my favourite pedals with the Katana Mini, which should be delivered tomorrow thanks to Amazon Prime. 

I noticed the Katana Mini doesn't come with a power supply unit, thankfully I have my power supply from my Cube Lite, which is another good mini amp from Roland.  The chorus on the Cube Lite sounds amazing, very full and wide sounding.  When combined with a reverb, such as that from the MXR Reverb, you can get some surprisingly huge sounds from such a small amp.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I use a small fleet of Blackstar Fly amps for my Youth work. Absolutely brilliant for being a little guitar circle going without having to worry about power. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • What kind of a power supply do you guys use with your Katana Mini?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12283

Any more thoughts on the Katana Mini? 

I was thinking of finally picking one up to replace my Cube 10.  I see the Katana Mini can be bought for the mere sum of £86.99 on Amazon. 

Unless your Cube 10 is broken I'd keep your money or actually upgrade to a Katana 50, the Katana mini wont have much over a cube 10 they are neat little boxes.

I don't gig or anything, I'm just a bedroom warrior, the Katana 50 would be wasted on me. 

Crikey it's REALLY wasted on me then! ;)

Enjoy the Katana Mini :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Any more thoughts on the Katana Mini? 

Crikey it's REALLY wasted on me then! ;)

Enjoy the Katana Mini :)
    Thanks matey.