At what point is it ok....

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• yeah @TheOtherDennis took the pics last time I did some vid and audio but would happily take on all those duties this time..

I remember there was a recording console in the studio we were in, or was it just a mixer? anyhoo surely wouldn't take much to get some basic recording down?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    I can see "The Fretboard Christmas song" coming  :)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Chris777 said:
    I can see "The Fretboard Christmas song" coming  :)
    Chris,
    Any chance you fancy a drive from Tamworth? 
    It's a really friendly atmosphere,  closed doors to the general public and no pressure.
    The big room which we'll book at quad is a lovely place to be with a few comfy sofa's and there's a tea/coffee bar in the foyer (unless I dreamed that bit?).
    It'd be a great day out and maybe if you fancy it a chance to play at whatever level you're comfortable at?
  • Chris777Chris777 Frets: 58
    That's really nice of you Mark,
    and thankyou for asking me, I'm not that good at playing, but it does sound like a heap of fun :)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited July 2017
    Chris777 said:
    and thankyou for asking me, I'm not that good at playing, but it does sound like a heap of fun
    I can't stress this enough.....

ALL ability levels are welcome. We can easily put together a song for you to play with the 'Band' that will suit your ability.
     @octatonic suggested some above and some of them are only 3 or 4 chords. There's loads we can do where you won't
     need a huge amount of technical ability but you can get the buzz of playing live with a band and hopefully that will inspire people to want to do more in future.

PLEASE do not miss this because you feel you're not "Good enough". In this situation, there really is no such thing.

I really want that message to be loud and clear.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Alnico said:
    Chris777 said:
    and thankyou for asking me, I'm not that good at playing, but it does sound like a heap of fun
    I can't stress this enough.....

ALL ability levels are welcome. We can easily put together a song for you to play with the 'Band' that will suit your ability.
     @octatonic suggested some above and some of them are only 3 or 4 chords. There's loads we can do where you won't
     need a huge amount of technical ability but you can get the buzz of playing live with a band and hopefully that will inspire people to want to do more in future.

PLEASE do not miss this because you feel you're not "Good enough". In this situation, there really is no such thing.

And you haven't heard "the band" yet :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris777 said:
    and thankyou for asking me, I'm not that good at playing, but it does sound like a heap of fun :)
    Alnico said:

+1 to that, my playing ability is very limited on bass, guitar and drums, I hadn't played with other people too much before and I had never ever touched an acoustic drum kit but I jumped in met some great peeps and had some fun..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9814
    I'd probably describe my playing as 'competent'. I'm never going to be the next Clapton, Satriani, or whoever, but can generally strum along to stuff and put together a solo of sorts but that's about it really. Anyhow, I realised a while back that I will probably never be any more than 'competent'. So rather than beating myself up about not being good enough, I just try to play to my strengths and have fun.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....