SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: Aged/Relic gold Strat pickguard

Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
edited August 2017 in Parts £
As per title. If I can't get one, any tips on ageing a new gold plate?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 763
    The type pictured looks to be an anodised aluminium one. The anodised finish is only on the surface, so presumably careful fine sanding will reveal the raw aluminium below. I would think the exposed surface of the aluminium will oxidise fairly quickly to a dull grey.
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I bought a new one from Axetec, but it's a bit more bronze than I was hoping for...
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14883
    tFB Trader
    Jack - I have an aged relic version for sale - came of a  Masterbuilt John Cruz 54 Strat - Dave Gilmour style - Need £75 for it - If that helps you then contact me by PM or shop e-mail mark@guitars4you.co.uk or indeed call me 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17024
    Jack_ said:
    I bought a new one from Axetec, but it's a bit more bronze than I was hoping for...
    Yes, I have an Allparts one that I started to relic, but the colour is definitely a bit rash so I never got around to finishing it