Roger Mayer Pedal Makeover

What's Hot
MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1580
edited February 2014 in FX
Recently bought a fantastic Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe pedal off of @downbytheriver. Loved the tone but hated the Fred Flintstone meets Fisher Price aesthetics! £4.50 of parts off ebay and a bit of creativity and it's now transformed, scroll down for before & after pics!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That looks great. I'm considering a similar RM makeover, to make my Voodoo Blues a more reasonable size. I don't dare look inside as I have a horrible feeling it'll be a huge PCB :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7401
    edited February 2014
    Talking of Roger Mayer - it always struck me how the classic Fuzz pedals looked like they took their design lead from Gerry Anderson's Supercar!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I used to have a mongoose and it looked like it had about 4 components in it. 
  • Absolutely brilliant!
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 192
    Great rehouse!
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    @Majorscale

I'm looking to finish of a few of my home built housing and like what you've done here, it looks like a good quality finish.

If you don't mind could you share the equipment and processes used so I could have a go at something similar :)

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1580
    edited February 2014
    @d8m... really simple, bought everything off ebay. Two chickenhead knobs, and then some matt sticker printer paper! Found an image on google, resized it in photoshop and printed it out. Bit of fiddling with a craft knife and boom! :)

It's not perfect but its a whole lot prettier than the original look!
  • By the way, I also considered some of that vinyl wrap material that they use on cars...you can also get it super cheap for small sizes off the bay... they do some pretty wild stuff now. I was originally thinking of baby blue carbon fibre weave before the Jimi sticker idea popped into my head.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    interested in the matt sticker stuff - any particular brand?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • @frankus, used these guys. They also sell on Amazon where the products got great reviews. Bit pricier than most but the quality is there : http://www.photopaperdirect.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=sticker
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    ta, have a wisdom, old chap :)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?