Guitar String Madness!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5882
    ICBM said:
    They don't need more than a 1.5mm - you don't need to crank them, they're only there to stop the posts creeping downwards so they only have to be slightly tighter than just touching the bottom of the sockets.

Fender Jazzmaster/Jaguar/Mustang bridges use two 1/16" (1.6mm) Allens for the whole bridge height adjustment, and they seem adequate.

@ICBM

Ahh, I see. That lack of experience comes from me only owning very few guitars. The Wolfgang , for all I know doesn't "Lock", its just 2 flat head screwdriver heads to adjust height (i've never adjusted it). Can't remember on the old Kramer and then there is the new one I'm talking about here which has fixtures and fitting I'd not experienced before.

Ta!

Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72977
    edited August 2013
    Think yourself lucky you're not so experienced you didn't think to ask ;). The first time I had to adjust one of these Floyds with the locking screws, I didn't know they were there because early Floyds which I was familiar with were like your Wolfgang. So it puzzled me that I couldn't adjust the posts downward even though there was still thread showing above the body - they seemed stuck, I thought they were bottoming out in the inserts and I was going to have to do a bit of engineering to set the guitar up properly. Took the whole bridge off, took one of the posts out and was surprised - and relieved! - to see the little lock screw :)... and then had to put it all back together. So that set-up took a little longer than it should have :D.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5882

@ICBM

Those are experiences you definitely learn from, lol.

As for the Wolfgang, are you saying it does have locks as the manual just states to turn the Pivot Bolts and doesn't mention unlocking anything.

Ta!

Only a Fool Would Say That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom