SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Bass Guitar Parts for my S'Crap Bass

FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14826
edited July 2017 in Parts £
Blatant steal (with his blessing) of Bridgehouse's Discardocaster idea, only for bass.

I am on the lookout for old bass guitar parts. I need a body, a neck, some minor hardware. Not fussed how elegant things looks. 

Body - probably needs to be Precision, Jazz or Stingray style in the interests of compatibility. Solid preferred over laminates. Any colour considered. Any finish. Don't mind some hacking of the pickup and control cavities provided that the neck pocket is unmolested. 

Neck - Don't mind abused but must have either good frets (as I don't want to have to get it refretted) or no frets to begin with. Any headstock. 2/2, 3/1, 4/0. 

Hardware - old, used, vintage, whatever - WYG? Big bad ferules for bass strings, possibly? 

Pickguard or Control Cavity Plate - Traditional P, J and 'Ray bodies would need the appropriate pickguard. Modern style bodies would need cavity cover plates.

Most things considered. Please don't be offended if I decline. For example, If the first part that I score is a five string bass neck then I shall only be seeking other five string bass guitar parts, innit?
You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I'd post this in basschat as well - you might get your bits quicker than me!
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Got a Vester P bass maple neck... a white P bass scratch plate and random pickups..?  Neck doesn't have tuners or nut though...
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14826
    I'd post this in basschat as well - you might get your bits quicker than me!
    Not on Basschat. 
    Rox said:
    Got a Vester P bass maple neck... a white P bass scratch plate and random pickups..?  Neck doesn't have tuners or nut though...
    Got any pics, please?
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3112
    edited July 2017
    I have a replica 51 P Bass body bridge and control plate, in a fit of utter madness I bought two, did one as an inspired by Dusty Hill Bass and never finished the second one, which is finished in a honey ish stain and automotive rattlecan lacquer, its collected a ding on the lower horn in storage.
    This body was the polar opposite of cheap, but its gathering dust......photos in a few mins!....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

edited July 2017
    Photos, can include the pickup too of you wish its a Jess Loureiro (sp) not sure if its the split coil or the single coil, Fender fit neck socket.....£120 mailed without the pickup, £150 with.....for around £250 worth....
     anyroadup photos....

http://i.imgur.com/rEY4kqI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JxyM3po.jpg

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

@paulnb57 Lovely but far too good for what I am attempting.
    edited July 2017
    Thought it would be! But it made get off my arse and consider moving it on!...

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 667
    tFB Trader
    I've still got a crudely reliced Jazz bass cavity plate. £5 posted.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    Thank you for the offer but I think that I had better start with the big, lumpy wooden bits before choosing any smaller items.
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 667
    tFB Trader
    Thank you for the offer but I think that I had better start with the big, lumpy wooden bits before choosing any smaller items.
    I'm sure it won't be going anywhere soon,
    Just msg me if you find you want it further down the line.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    It's the neck from this pic:

http://inspireyourdog.com/misc/Vester05.jpg
    @Rox Can I be boring and ask for the measurement across the neck at the heel end?
  • i have a 30x29cm piece of uncut tortoiseshell 3-ply pickguard  £7.50 posted.  It's a dark red tort colour rather than brownish
    Three-ply torty? 
  •  Yup