Doing the ironing......

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Dominic said:
    I learnt to iron in the CCF but I rarely do it.
    CCF also taught me to iron. I iron my shirts (and listen to music while I go). Find it strangely therapeutic. S0d ironing t shirts though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16918
    I do my work shirts and trousers,  and the school uniforms.  I do it as quickly as possible.  Nothing else gets ironed.

i hate doing it, but the wife also works full time and has nothing to iron.  Not sure why people think she should do it???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Work shirts and trousers during the ad breaks of whatever I'm watching on a Sunday.

I don't iron anything else, folded after the dryer is well good enough.

Ironing jeans is a sign that your soul has died ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Jeans need a bit of an ironing....but at least they are the quickest and easiest thing to iron....2 mins n done. Some of my shirts drive me bored to tears taking whst seems like an age to do. Well 5 or 6 mins a pop.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    siraxeman said:
    Jeans need a bit of an ironing....but at least they are the quickest and easiest thing to iron....2 mins n done. Some of my shirts drive me bored to tears taking whst seems like an age to do. Well 5 or 6 mins a pop.
    Do you ever iron a sweet looking crease down the front of your jeans?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    HAL9000 said:
    Snap said:
    I like ironing.

We iron everything except undies & socks.

There is a therapeutic pleasure to be had in ironing shirts. There is a way.........

Iron inside out too, so you don't get shiny marks
    ^This. Put movie on Tele (something that doesn't need too much attention - The Hunt for Red October is ideal ironing fare). Turn shirts and tees outside-in. Iron. 

Def agree about sheets. Crisp, uncreased, bed linen is one of life's little luxuries.
    Inside out for shirts? Don't you get the line down the shirt sleeve being concave?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9811
    BigMonka said:
    HAL9000 said:
    Snap said:
    I like ironing.

We iron everything except undies & socks.

There is a therapeutic pleasure to be had in ironing shirts. There is a way.........

Iron inside out too, so you don't get shiny marks
    ^This. Put movie on Tele (something that doesn't need too much attention - The Hunt for Red October is ideal ironing fare). Turn shirts and tees outside-in. Iron. 

Def agree about sheets. Crisp, uncreased, bed linen is one of life's little luxuries.
    Inside out for shirts? Don't you get the line down the shirt sleeve being concave?
    My mistake. Just tees turned inside-out.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    DLM said:

I iron nothing.

@thomasross20, on the other hand...

Gotta look and smell good! 
    :)