SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Wiring Harness or Wired Pickguard for Strat - SORTED

-NFM--NFM- Frets: 10
edited July 2017 in Parts £
Hi all,

Looking to try and pick up either the wiring harness or a pre-wired pickguard from a Mexican/Japanese Stratocaster (or similar) for an old guitar of mine I'm restoring, if anyone has one lying around gathering dust.

Main reason for the stipulation is I'd prefer to use CTS pots on guitars (its maybe being snobby but I use Alphas on pedal builds all the time, just find CTS turn 'smoother' so feel nicer on guitar) & iirc they're standard on Mexican/Japanese/American models anyway; and the rest will work out fine!

Basically, it was my first guitar when I started out & is solidly built so has stood up to a lot over the years but the electronics and hardware are fairly garbage (and the switch is rusted up!) - I've got some spare pickups and other bits and pieces leftover from my own modding and upgrades I've done for friends over the years so don't need much else. Really just looking for the wired up pots out of laziness as I'm short on time right now! 

If you have one you'd be up for selling, please drop me a PM with a quick pic (just so I can see its def CTS pots!) and let me know the cost!

Thanks in advance!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom