SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

withdrawn selling my amp

What's Hot
James19931958James19931958 Frets: 98
edited July 2017 in Amps £
i'm looking to sell my elevation guitar amp for £30. The guitar that came with it has been upgraded by havimg the neck and pickups changed. The guitar is for sale £160.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I'll try to save the mods a bit of work on a Saturday night and offer some friendly, well-meant advice.

The advert you've linked to isn't the best way to sell stuff around here.

You have three categories of things for sale and we have separate Catagories for selling things in, so you need to list the guitars in '£Guitars', the pedals in '£Pedals' and the amp in '£Amps'.
    You can put more than one item in a thread so the 2 guitars can go in for sale thread/advert, all the pedals in another and the amp in its own thread.

You need photo's of each item and the classifieds rules state that you're not allowed to link to things like gumtree/eBay adverts/listings so they need to be photo's you've taken and hosted with someone like Imgur - please don't use Photobucket because they won't work now due to 3rd party hosting.
    Each item needs a separate price.
    If you want to offer a deal for the whole lot then fine but you need to state the trade value of each item at least.

Lastly, you need to put the item's location and whether or not you're willing to accept Paypal/bank transfer and post or whether it's cash on collection and you don't want to post.

I don't want to appear like I'm telling you what to do, this is just how to stick to the rules that the mods will eventually tell you about anyway and if you don't do it, they'll pull your advert and restrict your posting access to the classifieds.
    It's also the most successful way to sell things, hence the rules existing in the first place.

There's plenty of us that will help you with advice on how to put all this together if you ask us nicely and I know from experience that a well put together advert can sometimes sell things in a matter of minutes.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you take the friendly advice in the spirit it's intended.

:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28384
    Thanks @Alnico ;
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5297
    @James19931958 welcome to the forum......Can we call you Jim? :)
  • no but you can call me jay
  •  someone is helping me price these up properly so to save everyone's time I'm going to put the sale on hold for a day so I can come up with some better for sale posts - thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom