Value of my Vox AC30

What's Hot
voxmanjohnvoxmanjohn Frets: 75
I own a 1962-63 Vox AC30 with coppertop panel and blue alnico speakers.

It is not completely original and I am potentially looking to sell. Just trying to find out its worth.

Spec:
Circa 1962-63.
Coppertop control panel.
Its the Treble model.
It has 1 original blue alnico speaker and 1 reissue celestion alnico speaker.
It has a reissue egg footswitch.
It has been rehoused in a newer cab.
Serial no on the chassis s/n 03545.

Anymore info please ask.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1402
    Not much at all I am afraid. I'll give you a tenner for it? Glwts
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hahaha! Sure its worth more than that.

Cheers and look good finding one for a tenner
  • Wouldn't a lot depend on other work it has had done over the years, and the quality of that work?

Also the condition of the insides. Some are absolutely horrendous and would benefit from being totally gutted and rebuilt... But some look as though they've been stored in a humidity controlled room with no dust since it was built. 
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Hahaha! Sure its worth more than that.

Easily worth  £500. I'll even pay the postage costs. Can't say fairer than that eh....tis your lucky day. ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxeman said:
    Hahaha! Sure its worth more than that.

Easily worth  £500. I'll even pay the postage costs. Can't say fairer than that eh....tis your lucky day
    Would like to think it was worth a little more than that. Nice try though... Must be dream on sunday hahaha
  • Wouldn't a lot depend on other work it has had done over the years, and the quality of that work?

Also the condition of the insides. Some are absolutely horrendous and would benefit from being totally gutted and rebuilt... But some look as though they've been stored in a humidity controlled room with no dust since it was built. 
    This one is pretty clean inside. Do you think pics would help? Is anyone aware of anywhere I could get it valued.
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    You could always talk to the guys at The Music Locker, one of the co-owners Jono posts on here (@jkirk170493 I think)  they are always on the lookout for early British gear, and would certainly be able to help with a valuation I'm sure 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    It will depend on the condition / originality. Between £1500-1900 for a good nick one...more if it was all original and pristine. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1465
    edited August 2017
    Parker said:
    It will depend on the condition / originality. Between £1500-1900 for a good nick one...more if it was all original and pristine. 
    I would have gone with considerably less.

What you have is a serviced but original chassis, and one original speaker.

Depending on the age of the cab, I would have said around £1k tops.

Early AC30/4s do well, but IMHO the treble and bass AC30/6s are less desirable than top boosts. I bought two JMI era top boosts last year, happy to share what I paid via PM.

Current eBay asking prices are not represtative of the current value.  If they were, both of mine be would be for sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DJH83004 said:
    You could always talk to the guys at The Music Locker, one of the co-owners Jono posts on here (@jkirk170493 I think)  they are always on the lookout for early British gear, and would certainly be able to help with a valuation I'm sure 
    Thanks. Will drop Jono a line.
  • Dodge said:
    Parker said:
    I would have gone with considerably less.

What you have is a serviced but original chassis, and one original speaker.

Depending on the age of the cab, I would have said around £1k tops.

Early AC30/4s do well, but IMHO the treble and bass AC30/6s are less desirable than top boosts. I bought two JMI era top boosts last year, happy to share what I paid via PM.

Current eBay asking prices are not represtative of the current value.  If they were, both of mine be would be for sale.
    Pm on its way my friend.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    As with everything, value is what someone is willing to pay. From ny experience possibly £7-800 mark. As ridiculous as it may seem you may possibly get more by breaking it up and selling the original parts, esp if the alnicos are original. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31148
    Wouldn't a lot depend on other work it has had done over the years, and the quality of that work?

This one is pretty clean inside. Do you think pics would help? Is anyone aware of anywhere I could get it valued.
    Steve Grosvenor would be your best bet.

Pop me a message if you need his number.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Gassage thank you very much. Will drop you a line if thats okay.
  • Is this the one that's been for sale for about a year on various Facebook groups? 
  • Is this the one that's been for sale for about a year on various Facebook groups? 
    Well, it has been advertised on various FB groups yes by my friend who I bought it off around 4-5 months ago.