Helix Native

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33945
    edited August 2017
    mrleon83 said:
    I can believe this £400 software is only 27mb.. must be some incredible developers ...
    $399 USD actually. 
    $99 if you own a Helix.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It is pretty rare that I buy a plugin without spending a lot of time with it first and really getting to know it but this is a completely home run of a product.

Just bought it.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27077
    octatonic said:
    It is pretty rare that I buy a plugin without spending a lot of time with it first and really getting to know it but this is a completely home run of a product.

Just bought it.
    I'm totally with you there, I just can't afford it right now.

I installed Reaper on my Windows (well, Elite: Dangerous) partition just to try Native out, and I've just been completely converted to a Line 6 fanboy.

All I did was chuck clean, crunch and lead patches together as I normally would with the Soldano SLO models, and it totally blew my mind...it's such a massive improvement on every other plugin out there that Line 6 have basically just won the recording game as far as I'm concerned.

I'm probably going to sell all my pedals and get the Helix LT, then Native (it's a shame that the discounts don't work retrospectively, otherwise I'd be buying that first). I just hope I can afford it before we record the album guitars.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 264
    Guys can anyone help me, i'm struggling with Reaper... I can't play anything 'live' through Native, if i import a track in that plays no problem, but if i play guitar into it nothing.. I've got input signal in the track mixer, but nothing in the master. Do i need to arm it somehow? 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29115
    Anyone know of it'll work as a plugin to FL Studio?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    nick79 said:
    Guys can anyone help me, i'm struggling with Reaper... I can't play anything 'live' through Native, if i import a track in that plays no problem, but if i play guitar into it nothing.. I've got input signal in the track mixer, but nothing in the master. Do i need to arm it somehow? 
    Make sure you actually turn on the monitor button on the Reaper track.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    nick79 said:
    Yes - the round red button on the track arms it. You also have to enable the monitoring too - here are the two buttons you need:

<space for hire>
    edited August 2017
    Oh, and...holy shit, I think I just bought a Helix LT.

EDIT: Somewhat fitting that this post should get my 10,000th Fret.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BenBen Frets: 114
    Oh, and...holy shit, I think I just bought a Helix LT.

EDIT: Somewhat fitting that this post should get my 10,000th Fret.
    Excellent choice! Once you get it, check out Chad Boston's configuration videos :D
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3070
    octatonic said:
    mrleon83 said:
    I can believe this £400 software is only 27mb.. must be some incredible developers ...
    $399 USD actually. 
    $99 if you own a Helix.
    ... + tax (@ 20%)
  • Ah there's a discount for owners of PodFarm, which is nice.

• BenBen Frets: 114
    octatonic said:
    mrleon83 said:
    $399 USD actually. 
    $99 if you own a Helix.
    ... + tax (@ 20%)
    No tax if you use Alaska as your billing address and pay via PayPal :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 264
    nick79 said:
    Yes - the round red button on the track arms it. You also have to enable the monitoring too - here are the two buttons you need:

Thank you. I've now got the input in helix showing signal, but still no modelled sounds? Only i could struggle this much with something..
    nick79 said:
    nick79 said:

Thank you. I've now got the input in helix showing signal, but still no modelled sounds? Only i could struggle this much with something..
    On your interface (what is it, by the way?), you should have a "mix" control - it should have "input" at one end and "computer" at the other. You want it all the way to "computer".

By the way, you have clicked the non-red button highlighted above, haven't you? That's the one that tells it to send your processed signal out to the speakers.
    <space for hire>
  • ruomaruoma Frets: 67
    Fired up the plugin tonight. First time ever playing through a helix! Played my J20 through the Suhr RL with Celestion IR. Played through the helix with the same IR so it was a fair match. Helix is very impressive but dynamics are not quite there yet. A lot more flexible though of course, and probably in a mix you wouldn't hear it, but playing solo and single note lines you do. IF you compare of course. Amp through the Suhr is just a lot more responsive although helix is a great leap forward.. But very impressed! Celestion IR makes a huge difference though cause stock IR's aren't so good!

I can definitely see the convenience of an LT when gigging with iem's!

Anybody know what the difference is between preamp and amp modules? I just used the amp blocks with the celestion IR.
    edited August 2017
    ruoma said:
    Fired up the plugin tonight. First time ever playing through a helix! Played my J20 through the Suhr RL with Celestion IR. Played through the helix with the same IR so it was a fair match. Helix is very impressive but dynamics are not quite there yet. A lot more flexible though of course, and probably in a mix you wouldn't hear it, but playing solo and single note lines you do. IF you compare of course. Amp through the Suhr is just a lot more responsive although helix is a great leap forward.. But very impressed! Celestion IR makes a huge difference though cause stock IR's aren't so good!

I can definitely see the convenience of an LT when gigging with iem's!

Anybody know what the difference is between preamp and amp modules? I just used the amp blocks with the celestion IR.
    You really have to compare the plugin to how your amp sounds once you've stuck a mic in front of it and recorded it.
    I get that the feel is a bit different but it always will.

I've been doing records with the Axe FX for the last few years (nearly 10) and not because it is more convenient, because it mostly sounds as good and sometimes sound better.

The Helix is on par with the Axe FX 2- sure there are going to be some amp models that are better in one or another but on average we've reached a point where for recording guitars you might as well use either a plugin or something like the Axe FX or Kemper.
    It is so close now that it is indistinguishable in a mix.

At home I still play my tube amps from time to time but I haven't stuck a mic in front of a guitar amp for about 3 years and IIRC that was to process a keyboard sound.

This is a really, really exciting day.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3070
    I just came across AU Lab from Apple which allows you to run Native without the overhead of a DAW.

Download it here: https://www.apple.com/itunes/mastered-for-itunes/

Mac-only.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm probably going to install at the weekend so I don't waste a few days of the demo (been busy tracking vocals this week).  While I think the price is fair, it's not a cheap plugin so I'd want to give it a proper test against my Fractal.  It's really not that much of a ballache for me to reamp guitars through it, but for bass sounds Native looks great.  I've got quite a few nice bass preamps that would more than cover the cost of Helix if I thought it could replace them.  Never quite got bass sounds I'm happy with quick enough through the Axe FX 2, whereas plugging in a Darkglass pre takes very little time to get sounding good.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7361
    FFS i really cant justify the price of this...but i want it soooooooooooooo much
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    FFS i really cant justify the price of this...but i want it soooooooooooooo much
    DOOOOO EEEEEEEEEET!