SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Wiring harnesses for Les Paul and Strat - CTS, Orange Drop, Paper-in-oil, Oak Grigsby...

MattayusMattayus Frets: 123

This is an easy and convenient way for the solder-shy to upgrade the stock electronics in your import guitar, be it Epiphone, Squier, or other low-to-mid-level instruments. I've used the best quality components, chosen for their tone and tolerances, this will give a noticeable difference to your instrument's sound and reliability.

These are wired with vintage spec in mind, but with some modern appointments to get the best of both worlds.

Spec and Options;
Les Paul Orange Drop - £41.99
- 4 x CTS 500kohms long shaft pots (5% tolerance)
- Sprague Orange Drop capacitors (0.022uf on the bridge, and 0.01uf on the neck)
- 22awg vintage cloth wire

Les Paul K40Y-9 Paper In Oil - £45.99
- 4 x CTS 500kohms long shaft pots (5% tolerance)
- Russian military K40Y-9 paper-in-oil capacitors (0.022uf)

Strat Orange Drop - £49.99
- 3x CTS 250kohms short shaft pots
- Sprague Orange Drop capacitor (0.047uf)
- Oak Grigsby 5-way switch (no tip)
- High quality output jack

£3.90 shipping, 2nd class recorded mail.

Other options available soon, tele etc, please ask if you have any requests.

Note: Some soldering required of course. Firstly to remove the old pots, and secondly to attach pickups/switch/jack to the new harness. Simply copy the previous wiring, and if you get stuck please don't hesitate to ask me for help. I can provide a diagram.

Note 2: most "import" instruments will need the holes widening slightly to accommodate the width of the CTS pot's threaded shaft (a fraction over 9mm in diameter). You can do this a few ways, either with a bit of sandpaper wrapped around a drill-bit/pencil/whatever and sand out the hole by hand, or, the safest and cleanest way, with a tapered reamer. I'd advise not to attempt drilling out the hole, as the drill bits can splutter and chip the surrounding paintwork.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments