SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Guitar to fit in hand luggage...?

What's Hot
Dear All,

I think I may be looking for the impossible, but I would like to find a playable acoustic guitar that is less than 56cm long and could fit in an airline handluggage bag. Some interesting guitars like guitalele and tacoma papoose, they look great, but too big... - Any ideas?
best wishes,
Tom
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 983
    Welcome to the forum   :)

56cm is absolutely tiny. Really? 56cm? Crikey. 

My twopence worth: a Tacoma Papoose neck is only held on with two beautifully-designed bolts and comes off easily with an allen key. The neck is 51cm long, the body 38cm. If you can accept that you'll go through some strings putting it together and taking it apart again, then it assembles into an incredible-sounding little thing that doubles as about the most useful studio secret weapon you can imagine. I have one and adore it. It's a special instrument. I've never come across anything that compares. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Buy my Emerald X7 :)

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Order any acoustic online. Have it sent by yodel or Hermes and the bits will easily fit into your hand luggage..... :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Brunner guitars:
    http://brunner-guitars.com/en/home/

I have one, though I've yet to travel with it - it comes in a back pack, assembles in about 30 secs.

Sounds pretty good too.

• LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 940
    Are you a frequent flyer or is it a one off? If the latter just buy something at the other end!
  • tom3tom3 Frets: 0
    Are you a frequent flyer or is it a one off? If the latter just buy something at the other end!
    Not very frequent, but from time to time for a few days when I would like to be able to take a guitar...
    KKJale said:
    Welcome to the forum   :)

56cm is absolutely tiny. Really? 56cm? Crikey. 

My twopence worth: a Tacoma Papoose neck is only held on with two beautifully-designed bolts and comes off easily with an allen key. The neck is 51cm long, the body 38cm. If you can accept that you'll go through some strings putting it together and taking it apart again, then it assembles into an incredible-sounding little thing that doubles as about the most useful studio secret weapon you can imagine. I have one and adore it. It's a special instrument. I've never come across anything that compares. 

thanks for Papoose dimensions - didn't know the neck was so easy to put on and take off.... sounds good. -- but looks like I have to look for one second hand. Many thanks for your reply
    Buy my Emerald X7 :)

nice idea, but might be beyond my budget :-/ .....
    Brunner guitars:
    http://brunner-guitars.com/en/home/

I have one, though I've yet to travel with it - it comes in a back pack, assembles in about 30 secs.

Sounds pretty good too.

thanks so much  -  sounds amazing - their website is brilliant complete with assembly/disassembly instructions. I am very impressed. I might have to save up for this, but it really fills the requirements that I specified above. Awesome.
    tom3 said:
    Brunner guitars:
    oh and many thanks for attaching the picture and sound file - sounds very good.
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 916
    I have a Brunner I may consider letting go. Drop me a PM! 
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • How's the Emerald X7  hold up? I might be interested myself!

• MwnciMwnci Frets: 6
    Hi @tom3 ; i have a Journey OF510, it cost me about £500 but come with a purpose carry bag/rucksack that's within overhead bag size, ive been flying with Ryan Air for 3rd year running now and its always gone as hand luggage, i can fit my laptop and a couple of other bits in the bag.  guitar sounds great as well and comes with pick up