SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Loads of fuzz pedals...some reduced

What's Hot
ForgeForge Frets: 431
edited March 2014 in FX £

Foxx Tone Machine - £110 - some marks but works fine

Colorsound Tonebender 90's - £95 - some mark but works fine

Skinpimp MKIII first edition - £170 - VGC

Dunlop/MXR Jimi Hendrix System -  £45 - VGC

Fulltone Soulbender MKI - £130 - VGC

Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz - £45 - VGC

Toadworks Mad Dog - £40 - VGC

Roger Mayer Stone Fuzz - £90 - VGC

Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz - £90 - VGC

Blackout Fix'd Fuzz 1st version - £65 - Worn but work good

Monsterpiece NPN - £70 - VGC

Dunlop Fuzz Face (red one, Germanium) - £65 - VGC

I am near Peterborough and all these prices are shipped in the UK - Paypal gift preferred.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ForgeForge Frets: 431

Bump for some great pedals

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2014
    Foxx Tone Machine - £110 - some marks but works fine

Colorsound Tonebender 90's - £95 - some mark but works fine

Skinpimp MKIII first edition - £150 - VGC and an amazing tonebender

Dunlop/MXR Jimi Hendrix System -  £40 - VGC

Fulltone Soulbender MKI - £120 - VGC

Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz - £40 - VGC

Toadworks Mad Dog - £40 - VGC

Roger Mayer Stone Fuzz - £80 - VGC

Roger Mayer Axis Fuzz - £90 - VGC

Blackout Fix'd Fuzz 1st version - £60 - Worn but work good

Monsterpiece NPN - £65 - VGC

Dunlop Fuzz Face (red one, Germanium) - £60- VGC

I am near Peterborough and all these prices are shipped in the UK - Paypal gift preferred

• Any pictures? Interested in the foxtone and the mayers. Also which maodel fuzzface is this?

Sure, will post pics.

The axis fuzz is just gone, the fuzz face is the germanium JDF2.

• ChéChé Frets: 305
    Ah man that Axis fuzz was calling me... 
    The Axis is really nice, best resuls when pluggd into a Marshall.
    The Roger Mayer Stone Fuzz is gone!
  • Oli, how different does the red fuzzface sound to the 'church of Sparta' fuzz you made me? I have been through a pile a fuzz pedals since you started my obsession but currently settled on the church of Sparta and a silicon oxfuzz2. I just find the oxfuzz gets pretty bright when i clean it with the guitar, and wonder if a germanium fuzzface would be a cool one to look at

Hi Mark, good to hear from you and good to hear that little number is still on your board.

Some pedals can clean up quite bright indeed, Germanium cleans up a touch better. The personality can be quite different to silicon, I find the sound to be round and warm but still dynamic. A Ge unit will have a touch less punch than a silicon so it all depends on the core sound you are looking for really.

This JDF2 brightens a touch but not too much, I actually quite enjoy it with single coils. The core sound of the pedal is different to the Spartan, it is less aggressive and less gainy. It definitely adds some syrup to the sound.

The transistors are on sockets in the pedal I made for you so you could put a pair of NPN germanium transistors and see what happens.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cool, yeah the fuzz you made me is just really addictive and with it having the od channel too, most of the time I just take my amp and that pedal to rehearsal. I am really tempted with the fuzz face to compare it to the oxfuzz as the oxfuzz is pretty fuzz face esq but obviously silicon. It is pay day at the end of the week so will see how the money is looking at if this is still around then you could have a deal!
  • Just a thought, if I take the fuzzface and like it would you be able to rehouse it for me into a smaller enclosure, ideally the same size as the church of Sparta? I would pay for it of course. Could even call it the 'forge face'!

I need to check if the pcb fits in one of my small hammonds but would do it for free if I can keep the FF case or just charge the cost of the box. It is an easy job.

One thing you must know is that the pedal is pnp (reverse polarity) so you cannot use a standard power bank to power it or you will damage your psu. It is either battery (lasts for ages if you do not fit an LED) or positive tip single psu. If you have a high quality power bank with isolated outputs like the voodoo lab then no worries, it can handle this.

edited February 2014
    It won't fit Mark, the pcb is immense and fitted to the footswitch. I think you can either go for the mini fuzzface FFM2 or have a custom built Dallas Fuzz Face. If you are stuck I can make a mini one with NKT275 transistors for the price of the used JDF2 - all point to point handwired with an internal trim for the bias and temperature compensated as germanium hates the heat.
  • No worries thanks for trying it out for me. As with many people I think the size of the pedal would be an issue as I would like to swap it in and out of the same space on my board as the oxfuzz depending on how I am feeling. I would like to go ahead with the build you mentioned with the NKT 275 transistors. I have just been reading about them on the analogman website as they use them in some of their sunfaces. Sounds like they clean up lovely, smooth with some sparkle but not overly bright. That is exactly what I am after, a vintage germanium fuzzface, as hendrixy and bluesy as you can get, which cleans to a nice sparkle with no spiky highs. Sorry this doesn't help you with your sale though! Though this might be usefull as a sound comparison when tuning the pedal? Did you once tell me you also had a sunface? Can this be fitted into the small box like my Spartan? Also can we still call it the 'forge face' a bit sad I know but it made me smile. Another forge comission!! Pm me price etc and I'm sure I've still got your details on PayPal. PayPal gift?

The Foxx Tone Machine is sold

• cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    pm'd
    I did not get your pm.
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    hm, pm'd again .. let me know if you got it.