Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Social snobbery alive and well

What's Hot

Comments

• The real reason Mr Snob commented was possibly due to the sign around Bridgehouse's neck saying "Bassist, if found please return to Bitchmaster Drew ........"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6413
    I travel first class (because I choose to) and don't make judgements, other than at least 50% of people don't have a ticket, but it's very hard to work who out until the inspector comes and there's a stampede for the exit by said 50%. It's funny when they put out a few announcements and then inspectors come in both ends at once - very entertaining whining and bluster.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    hotpot said:
    Fuck me I'd have got right up into his face, I freakin hate cunts like that.

Well done you. Exactly the best way to demonstrate to the socially self-superior that the working man isn't ill-mannered, ill-humoured, ill-educated and ill-tempered.
    I give what I get & then some.

A pretty advanced philosophy there. Wouldn't the world be a splendid place if everyone was just as enlightened.
    I don't give a fuckin' monkey scrotum, if some smart mouthed twat is running his mouth at me he'd better be able to back it up. As old as I am I don't take shite from anyone.

Good for you. Hold your ground. Don't ascend to their level. If you find yourself in a "mouthed twat" situation make sure you firmly occupy the low ground and steer a broad course around "smart".
    Smart! Letting someone walk all over you! Not on your nelly,  Nothing gets my hackles up more than these holier than thou gobby snobs.

I imagine there are legions of gobby snobs out there who feel terribly inadequate to this day following one of your socio-intellectual drubbings.

Meh! water off a ducks back to me, It must be in my psyche to confront these people, I don't see it changing any time soon.
    Maybe with some hefty self-evaluation I can get to a place where somehow such confrontations can simultaneously be "water off a duck's back" that I "don't give a fuckin' monkey's scrotum" about and  "nothing gets my hackles up more than" them to the point it's "in my psyche to confront" the instigators. It might seem paradoxical but I reckon some Zen master somewhere could teach me to be so aggressively blasé.

A punch in their gobby gob works for me every time.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • You guys should be more introspective like cabbagecat on the train with his golf umbrella and leather briefcase for sandwiches and old issues of Mayfair magazine.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • To be honest, they looked like a pair of PRS owners.

:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • To be honest, they looked like a pair of PRS owners.

:)
    Probably had issues of Guitar Afficianado magazine in their briefcases. I can't even spell that big word.   
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    I've had inverse snobby remarks for travelling 1st class which I found bizarre.  I usually go 1st class so I don't have to talk to anyone, but with Terry Christian style accent I could never be thought as posh
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    DLM said:
    That red one is stunning!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Alnico said:
    DLM said:
    #mumsnetv2 ;)
  • As someone with a zero tolerance of being looked down upon in any way, I admire your restraint. I'd have probably twatted him....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    And I thought Thatcher sad 30 yrs ago that we live in a classless society? Well, maybe she meant that Britain no longer has any class. City gents? Haven't they been replaced by a chimp with a laptop yet? Tossers!
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Alnico said:
    DLM said:

GAS bags?
  • Handbags? no use for man bag toting metropolitan liberal elite

• As someone with a zero tolerance of being looked down upon in any way, I admire your restraint. I'd have probably twatted him....
    Ahhhhhh Napolean complex.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Napoleon wasn't actually short, you know.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • Early morning train today into London. I get onto the first big commuter train of the day.

I am inspecting on site today so have dirty boots and hard hat tucked under my arm.

However, as a sophisticated type, I have a first class ticket (ok, it's my business so it bought me one ;)

I get a few sneery looks on the platform standing in the first class section next to the pin striped city gents. As I get on, one of them tuts loudly, and comments to his fellow city boy chum that they let anyone into first class these days.

Naturally, I had a good cough, turned round and said "wanker".
    You should have lifted an arsecheek, cracked one off and said to him hang your filofax on that Tristan. You want to see snobbery, earwig at a cycling club.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23574

To be honest the biggest surprise here is that snobby pin-striped City gents still exist.

I work in the City - sort of - and I don't see any gents, just gobby wide boys in suits.  It's like TOWIE except they actually have jobs.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

To be honest the biggest surprise here is that snobby pin-striped City gents still exist.

I work in the City - sort of - and I don't see any gents, just gobby wide boys in suits.  It's like TOWIE except they actually have jobs.

I suspect they were on their way into town to go to their clahb for luncheon 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    edited September 2017
    As someone with a zero tolerance of being looked down upon in any way, I admire your restraint. I'd have probably twatted him....
    Except I'm 6' in my bare feet....
    Expect I'm 6' in my bear feet....rahhhhhh!
    FTFY
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom