SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Single pickup Strat body.

Bit of a long shot but was wondering if anyone had anything like this for sale for a partscaster I want to put together.

Missed out on this body by £1 on EBay last night so I'm after something similar.Hardtail or trem,I'm not fussed.

Thanks for looking.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I saw that on Ebay - from your thread title it was the first thing I thought of. He's got some Musikraft necks for sale too. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• This any good to you?

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10418
    @TwoSpellWizard thanks mate but I'm looking for something with the more traditional Strat outline without a carved top.Thanks for posting though.
  • No worries! Good luck finding something :)
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 667
    tFB Trader
    If you're not fussed over the wait time, I reckon my supplier could make me up one of those.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    What sort of price would you be talking @Alegree ;

I priced one up on Guitarbuild and it came out at £130 which is a reasonable price for a custom built body but a bit over what I wanted to pay,hence looking for a second hand one.

I'm looking at putting something like this together but wanting to do it on a budget,using parts that I already have (other than the body,of course).

• rprrpr Frets: 310
    edited September 2017
    Worth keeping an eye on boobooguitars - they sell seconds cheap and the stock changes prerty regularly. Nothing like you're looking for at mo, but they do turn up a fair bit - https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/boobooguitarsuk/m.html?item=401194294998&hash=item5d690b1ed6:g:sxwAAOSwGtRX1WB~&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562.    .
    I believe that they are sourced from Guitarbuild.
    tFB Trader
    What sort of price would you be talking @Alegree ;

I priced one up on Guitarbuild and it came out at £130 which is a reasonable price for a custom built body but a bit over what I wanted to pay,hence looking for a second hand one.

I'm looking at putting something like this together but wanting to do it on a budget,using parts that I already have (other than the body,of course).

Let me get back to you on that. I'm pretty confident I can beat that price though.
    Thanks @rpr I'll keep a look out,and again,thanks @Alegree that's much appreciated.
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 696
    I have an unfinished BooBoo/Guitarbuild alder single pickup strat body but scratchplate needed on this. Needs a little sanding and finishing on the radius. Interested?
    Thanks @daveyh but it is the non scratchplate body I'm particularly after.I've already made a partscaster with the type of body you describe so wanted this on to be different. Thanks for posting though.
    tFB Trader
    Sorry my supplier won't play ball on this one.
    Thanks for trying @Alegree ;

Much appreciated. I think I'll probably bite the bullet and go for the Guitarbuild one.I know @Megii has used them a couple of times and highly recommends them.Been looking at their necks too.This project could end up costing me more than anticipated :grimace: 
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Thanks for trying @Alegree ;

Much appreciated. I think I'll probably bite the bullet and go for the Guitarbuild one.I know @Megii has used them a couple of times and highly recommends them.Been looking at their necks too.This project could end up costing me more than anticipated :grimace: 
    4 times in fact - custom routed tele style, 2 strats (one swamp ash, one walnut) and a complete custom job (swamp ash) that was my own design to fit a 25" scale neck I had from a Starfield Altair guitar. Nothing to fault on any of them, an excellent job each time. I couldn't live without a neck pickup and tone control, so not my kind of guitar you're building, but best of luck with the project, should be good. :)
    Thanks @Megii ;;

I'm sure I've mentioned a few times how much I love your walnut Strat.Lovely looking guitar.
    Thanks @Megii ;;

I'm sure I've mentioned a few times how much I love your walnut Strat.Lovely looking guitar.
    No worries, by all means mention it whenever you like :D If you are going with Guitarbuild, perhaps I should add that if you do want something non-standard, and want to get all the details just so, the best thing is to send them an email, and start chatting about the specs - they can send you plan diagrams so you see exactly what you'll get and can make sure it's right. Also on one of my builds, with the unusual neck, I actually posted the neck to them, at their request, and that allowed them to get the neck pocket an absolutely perfect fit. Just worth thinking about anyhow.
    Good advice @Megii thanks.

Looks like I'm sorted now thanks to some great help from @lonestar ;

Good advice @Megii thanks.

Looks like I'm sorted now thanks to some great help from @lonestar ;

No probs, and great stuff if you've got a body sorted now. :)

• This any good to you?

Hi,I'm interested in this,how much are you asking for it.
    can you tell me a little more about it please.