Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Quiet enough for home but loud enough for jams.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2954
    Oh I thought it was a new one for some reason! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    Those artist play-thoughs are rather good :)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2954
    My favourites are Lewie Allen's, the clean plexi is lovely!
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 681
    edited October 2017
    Too late but another ZT lunchbox vote from me. I don't like the ambience control though, I keep it dialed all the way down! I find it can do a jam or a practice on its own, but needs an extension speaker for rock gigs where the drummer is leathering it. I gig with it going into a Blackstar 1x10 cab. I brought it to the Leicester jam and gave it a couple of brief blasts at unsociable volumes to demonstrate its capabilities.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    bigjon said:
    Too late but another ZT lunchbox vote from me. I don't like the ambience control though, I keep it dialed all the way down!
    When I first tried one I made the mistake of turning it up full to see what it did :). Awful…

But I think it is useful, because turning it off sounds almost as bad, if you're not using an external cab. It needs to be somewhere under halfway, but it's really doing something important to make the amp sound 'big' through its internal speaker.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    TTBZ said:

Yes I was taken with that one too :)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    @bigjon and @ICBM, thanks, still useful to know. As good as the Code is a ZT lunchbox or a DV Mark Jazz may still find a place simply due to their very small size.
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    TTBZ said:
    Yep, I have just given that one a go after listening to the Lewie play-through. 
  • HT-1 is loud enough thru 2x12.