Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Attempted Bomb attack in London?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6171
    President Gas on everything but roller-skates.

Ashton really hit the nail with that one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    aord43 said:
    Just as well the losers are incompetent too.  From the BBC report:
    "Our security correspondent Frank Gardner said the bomb appeared not to have gone off.
    Had it worked as intended, it would have killed everyone around it and maimed everyone in the train carriage for life, he said."

This appears to have been a bucket inside a Lidl bag.  Don't ignore those unattended bags folks, whatever they look like.
    Jesus, that's not good.

But yeah, if they were intelligent, we'd be in some serious trouble.

I imagine we're going to see a return to the newer 'knife and car' attacks now, unfortunately.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Lidl bag? German terrorists, then..?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Let's hope they're all 'loser terrorists'.
    You don't want a 'winning suicide bomber'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24646
    I know Trump is an asshole but the appalling grammar in the alleged tweet was so bad I had to go and check that it wasn't a fake.  It's not.  Can't someone just shoot him FFS.  The world lost JFK and we're left with this ringpiece.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    Emp_Fab said:
    I know Trump is an asshole but the appalling grammar in the alleged tweet was so bad I had to go and check that it wasn't a fake.  It's not.  Can't someone just shoot him FFS.  The world lost JFK and we're left with this ringpiece.
    He makes George W sound like a Cambridge professor.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Interesting people are more interested in slagging off Trump than the perpetrator.

Bizarre - from a moral stand point....
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    Sassafras said:

He makes George W sound like a Cambridge professor.
    Stephen Hawking?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Interesting people are more interested in slagging off Trump than the perpetrator.

Bizarre - from a moral stand point....

Scotland Yard have identified 35,000 extremists. Fairly likely whoever did this has been under their radar at some point. The total opposite of diplomatic to blurt it out on twitter. It's like the somewhat repetitive call not to jump to conclusions. If it was the 80s every one would have jumped to the conclusion that a bomb in London was the IRA. Most of the time they would have been right. 

Trump is an overgrown child. But this problem predates him as a politician. 
  • unfortunately we live in a sheep society that majority of people can't think for themselves. if you can't think for yourself the media will do it for you. its refreshing to see a more calm approach on this forum, looking and assessing before jumping. although I would hate to be in that situation and my thoughts are with the passengers of that tube carriage, but just a few thoughts:

the device looks like a trade paint bucket with rubbish inside. how do we know its not white spirit and someone threw a cigarette in there, or something flammable. I've got builders working down the road and that sort of thing is dumped regularly on the corners of the road

It was quick to call it terrorist attack

we keep getting told that this spectre ISIS is resourceful, connected and ruthless....and that's the best they can do? really? no wonder ISIS has not claimed it, who would, it was rubbish!! literally!

government like keeping people in fear, people are supposed to support their government in these unsafe times.  even if it was just an accident or non-terror, you would never be told that. any news channel can tell you anything, you will never know

all I'm waiting for is the "passenger" that heard the words allah Akbar...on the noisy rattling tube, with people on phones, and headphones, but still managed to hear it 

good luck people
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    The Telegraph website is saying ISIL has claimed responsibility.  As does the Guardian and Mail, so unless I'm in a parallel universe....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    finest1 said:
    unfortunately we live in a sheep society that majority of people can't think for themselves. if you can't think for yourself the media will do it for you. its refreshing to see a more calm approach on this forum, looking and assessing before jumping. although I would hate to be in that situation and my thoughts are with the passengers of that tube carriage, but just a few thoughts:

the device looks like a trade paint bucket with rubbish inside. how do we know its not white spirit and someone threw a cigarette in there, or something flammable. I've got builders working down the road and that sort of thing is dumped regularly on the corners of the road

we keep getting told that this spectre ISIS is resourceful, connected and ruthless....and that's the best they can do? really? no wonder ISIS has not claimed it, who would, it was rubbish!! literally!

government like keeping people in fear, people are supposed to support their government in these unsafe times.  even if it was just an accident or non-terror, you would never be told that. any news channel can tell you anything, you will never know

all I'm waiting for is the "passenger" that heard the words allah Akbar...on the noisy rattling tube, with people on phones, and headphones, but still managed to hear it 

good luck people
    Fucking thicko.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • finest1 said:
    unfortunately we live in a sheep society that majority of people can't think for themselves. if you can't think for yourself the media will do it for you. its refreshing to see a more calm approach on this forum, looking and assessing before jumping. although I would hate to be in that situation and my thoughts are with the passengers of that tube carriage, but just a few thoughts:

good luck people
    Yep, it was a "rubbish" bomb. i.e. not a good one.

Had it been a better constructed one and had detonated as intended, you would not be making that statement. The skillset was clearly lacking, but the intent was not.

As a child I made better bombs and detonated them on our local beach for fun in the 80's, for a) chuckles and b) science. I was taught how to make gunpowder in Chemistry classes at school! Obviously, times change and the Bonfire Night "Booms" I made a few years ago would now land me in prison on conspiracy to cause an explosion charges!

Whoever did this was a rubbish researcher and an even worse chemist, but not necessarily someone to be ignored. It's been claimed already by IS and we can be sure the idiot who tried it on thought they were doing it in the name of *something*, but get a grip. It was an attempted terror attack, to either worry the "sheep" as you call them, or cause genuine mayhem and death.

Now reported as a terror attack. And as such, regardless of any actual damage caused, for a breadth of the population, a "successful" terror attack as more people are scared today than were yesterday.

Are you actually following the narrative here?
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Seems like it was a terrorist but don't read anything into IS claiming it, they always do anyway. 
  • finest1 said:

good luck people
    I presume you're one of the sheep that believes there's no problem at all with the 'religion of peace' then?

I can't wish you good luck with that - you're deluded....
  • danodano Frets: 1610
    I've just come back from a week in Shanghai. They have a massive metro system (not that much smaller than the London Underground) and every station had an incoming security team and X ray machine. Parcels, backpacks suitcases etc all got checked. It worked seamlessly and was quick.  This is what London needs to do.

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11421
    dano said:
    I've just come back from a week in Shanghai. They have a massive metro system (not that much smaller than the London Underground) and every station had an incoming security team and X ray machine. Parcels, backpacks suitcases etc all got checked. It worked seamlessly and was quick.  This is what London needs to do.

Oh, the RMT will just love that.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    Ireland. Palestine. India. ??????
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum