SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Zildjian Gen 16 368 Cymbal boxset

For Sale! Immaculate condition rarely used Zildjian Gen16 368 (13" Hi Hats, 16" Crash & 18" Ride) Boxset & all accessories. Includes unused warranty card also. Everything is in the box as if you were to purchase it new. £300 inc delivery.

Don't want to see them go, but the imminent arrival of a newborn means time & volume will be limited for the time being! Hopefully someone else can get some enjoyment out of them.

Any questions, just let me know.

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7404
    edited February 2014
    Those look awesome. Never seen this kind of thing before, can you use the cymbals with another brain or do you have to use the one pictured?

What is the noise level like, compared to say hitting pads?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Hi PolarityMan.

These are real cymbals at about 25% of the usual volume. They are not triggers, so do not trigger midi, so have to be used with the Zildjian brain that is included, which shapes the sound of the cymbals.

There are 20 or so presets in the module and you can also download software to use in your PC/Mac to edit the presets more to shape the sound of the cymbals.

They feel great to play & much more realistic than the usual rubber pads.

The Hihats are worth it alone, as they play & feel like normal hi hats, as that is what they are. Pop them onto the usual hi hat stand, hook up the module & away you go - proper huh hats on an electric kit!
  • Re the noise level comment - they are similar to hitting the pads, but the noise is quite different. Rather than getting a 'thunk' when hitting a pad, you get a 'ting' - like a real cymbal, but much, much quieter.

The fact that they produce a higher frequency sound, means that, in my experience, it didn't travel through walls etc so wasn't louder than what I was using before.
  • The suitability of using in the house was basically what I was getting at :)

Seriously considering these but I wouldn't mind seeing if i can find somewhere that stocks them locally to check out the acoustic volume first. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • No problem.

There is a video on youtube somewhere that shows the acoustic volume of them (I think it was Japanese music shop)...

I'm at work at the minute, but I'll try & dig out the link later if you have no joy google-ing.

I used to play in my basement and the sound didn't carry up through the floor, due to the high frequencies being blocked more than the lower ones by the ceiling/floor above.

• Here is the link of them being played "un-plugged" to give you an indication of their acoustic volume.
  • Great, I'll check that out at home tonight.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Just to let you know that I'll make the decision on these over the weekend if theyre still available. Didnt want you to think I had gone cold on the idea :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Are you selling the Triggerheads as well at some point?
  • PolarityMan;175228" said:
    Just to let you know that I'll make the decision on these over the weekend if theyre still available. Didnt want you to think I had gone cold on the idea :)
    No worries at all matey.

• Drew_fx;175234" said:
    Are you selling the Triggerheads as well at some point?
    Sorry - not sure what you mean?
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7404
    Decision made, I'll take them if they're still available :D

Drop me a PM to sort out payment and such.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • That's great news - cheers PolarityMan!

Just PM'd you.
  • PetePete Frets: 0
    Anyone selling anymore of these?
  • They're ace by the way. If you find some i'd definitely scoop them up. You cant have mine though :P
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ