Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gordon Smith guitar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Other notable endorsees include:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    I had a satin black Graduate 60 from round 2000. Had a lovely neck on it but the general standard of finishing was a bit bloke-in-a-shed rather than professional quality. It sounded nice, a slightly thinner tone than a decent Les Paul but still very usable, more SG than LP.  The Blue Peter headstock logo was the thing I never got past. I traded it with Hymnal on here (who seems to have disappeared) for a bitsa Strat, which is lovely and my go-to guitar. Hymnal was a terrible gasser and was always moving things on, I wonder where that GS is now? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Proper lol at the Blue Peter logo remark!
     I like the guitars. Wife says mine was the best sounding guitar I ever owned..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    usedtobe said:
    That’s her way of saying, “don't you even think of buying another one”. Nips GAS in the bud at the source. She’s got you by the gonads.  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    fandango said:
    usedtobe said:
    That’s her way of saying, “don't you even think of buying another one”. Nips GAS in the bud at the source. She’s got you by the gonads.  ;)
    Damned complicated things, women, eh..?!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• I have a Gypsy II. The equivalent model these days is the standard GSG with thick body. Mine does the Les Paul Through Marshall Sound in spades. Really heavy in weight. Lovely heel joint. The guitAr I base all opinions on and was a temporary guitar until I got a Les Paul. Never played a LP I really liked.

However, the transfer on the headstock is a bit rubbish
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1768

The OP on this post is a mate of mine - i'll get him to post some pictures as the guitar in question is really quite impressive (he posted some on a Facebook group a few days back)

I'll get him back on here to post some pics or i'll post the ones he sent me.

I'm not too knowledgeable on Gordon Smith guitars but this one is very different to the ones I've seen before.

It's a double cut with 2 black humbuckers and a one piece bridge.

Colour is a dark sunburst and the thing I've never seen on a GS before is there's binding on the body and the neck.

• gubble said:

The OP on this post is a mate of mine - i'll get him to post some pictures as the guitar in question is really quite impressive (he posted some on a Facebook group a few days back)

I'm not too knowledgeable on Gordon Smith guitars but this one is very different to the ones I've seen before.

Colour is a dark sunburst and the thing I've never seen on a GS before is there's binding on the body and the neck.

Early Graduate?

I remember Guitarist magazine reviewing one in the late 80s I think, lovely tobacco sunburst, full binding. Mmmmm

Can I email someone the pics to post as I'm having issues trying to link them on here?

The guitar dates to 03/01/1989  first one out of the factory in 1989 apparently.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    mikem8634 said:
    gubble said:

Early Graduate?

I remember Guitarist magazine reviewing one in the late 80s I think, lovely tobacco sunburst, full binding. Mmmmm
    If I recall correctly - The Gypsy had a flat top (LP Junior/Special Style) with no binding - The Graduate had a contoured/carved top as well as binding

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom