Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Phil Collen

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Anyone who plays guitar while shirtless is deeply suspect imho...
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23562
    I do wish he would buy some shirts.  If only to make me feel less bad about being several years younger than him but in much worse shape.

He is starting to look a bit Richard O'Brien meets Right Said Fred in recent years, though.

As for Def Leppard.... I still maintain that the Collen-less High 'n' Dry is their best album, although of course I appreciate the sheer craftsmanship of Pyromania and Hysteria.  Not because it is Collen-less, just because they had some balls in those days.  Their subsequent output has been woefully patchy, though... almost like a British Bon Jovi in that respect. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I made a joke on a DL facebook post about Phil's luggage going missing again....that wasn't popular with the ladies on there!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Love DL and the guys all seem to be cool and down to earth. Phil talks a lot about Mutt. He was a massive influence on him and the band during hysteria 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Superb player - but TBH lost interest in Leppard after Steve died.  Last album I bought was 'Adrenalize' which was only OK; borrowed a copy of 'Slang' and gave up after that.

+1 on High 'n' Dry - great album.  Still one of my fave recorded guitar sounds of all time.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • I met Phil along with Paul Cook and Simon Laffy just before they did their first Man Raze gig at the Spitz club in 2005. Turned up early to the venue and went upstairs to check out the room where they were gonna play and saw Paul Cook through the door. So dashed straight in with stars in my eyes and my hand sticking out saying I was a big fan of Sex Pistols and Def Leppard and how I was super excited about the 2 guys playing together and the gig. He was lovely and said "oh yeah, you wanna meet Phil?" and I turned around and there he was!

Phil came over and shook my hand. He's so down to earth and humble. Spent about 10 mins chatting about Def Leppard and he showed me his PC-1 guitar, let me hold it and took a few pics with him and Paul and at the end he gave me an autographed photo of the band. Felt a bit sorry for Simon as I didn't really have any clue who he was and just ignored him lol.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Phil on Lead vocals with a shirt on!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom