SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Original Maestro PS-1A Phase Shifter (modded for 240v) £150

ChéChé Frets: 305
edited March 2015 in FX £
Original Maestro PS-1A for sale - £230 £195 £150
As used by John Paul Jones on "No Quarter" and Ernie Isley's tasteful soloing on "Who's That Lady?".

Modded to 240v to accept 3 pin IEC cable. Can be powered via the auxiliary outlet of Voodoo. Labs PP2+.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• lentolento Frets: 117
    Great sounding unit - I used to have one back in the day ...... don't suppose you have the external footswitch for it - have to be careful with those rocker switches !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    Dude I WISH I had the footswitch, Ronsound make a replacement in the US that I thought about getting but I'm looking at the Heptode Virtuoso clone which is a lot more pedalboard friendly. 

I love the sound of this phaser, the speed and depth are perfect, no extra knobs or switches just tone. This is how all pedals should be. It's 6 stage which is interesting, probably why it doesn't sound like most other phasers. 
  • hi che is the pedal still up for grabs?
    Still for sale, price dropped to £195.
    £180 anyone?
    Will take £150
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited March 2015
    If you're prepared to hold on a while, we've been working on a much more guitar friendly version of the PS1A for a while now and the boards are just about ready to be proto'd... That said I'm not sure what the Heptode has done in that respect... Ours runs on a standard 9v supply and addresses a lot of issues with it when used with guitar.

That said, £150 for an original is a steal!
    Currently using the Heptode. Runs on 9v and has a buffer moe suited to guitar. Original lacks a lot of high end unless used with a buffer in front. Same with my RE-201 (and other vintage effects.) I'll have to demo the PS1-A with a buffer against the Heptode and see how it stacks up.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Sounds like they've done a lot of what we've done. Bipolar supply, buffer on the front which is the reason for the lack of highs on the original. It was designed for a buffered input from a keyboard, but some people like that, and you could always stick a buffer before it to sort it. We're running it optical true bypass which makes it's functionality a little different to how it is when it's buffered bypass, but we've got rid of all the probs with that.

Bloody awesome thing though. Would be very interesting how the Heptode stacks up to the buffered PS1A.
    I have a few Boss Pedals lying around if they're good enough of a buffer for the PS1-A. I could do I recording "Shoot-out" for you if you'd like.
    This is still for sale if anyone's interested.
    Still for sale