SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTT: My Strymon El Capistan for your Line 6 DL4 + £££

What's Hot
ChéChé Frets: 305
Need sweep echoes in my life. 

Call It DL4 + £100? Not sure how much they go for these days, correct me if I'm way off. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Really? I've had a couple of DL4's on my board over the years and bought an el capistan a month or so back

Ok so it doesn't have sweep echo but comparing the two is like comparing a 1980's Skoda to a brand new rolls Royce mate. I'd keep the capistan and pick up a cheap line6 echo park on eBay which I think does the same sweep echo as the DL

Just sayin
  • Don't listen to the Strymonites. 

Also sort yourself out a better deal. A used DL4 in exchange for an El-C and £100 is ripping yourself off bigtime. Just flog the El-C then get what you want. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd be happy to just sell you my DL4, pretty much never used, mint condition, I'm pretty certain I have the box in my loft too.
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    Cheers guys, really appreciate the advice. I'm in two minds about it really, part of me wants to go all out midi switching Timeline, Mobius, Gig Rig G2 crazy with 100 sounds at the tap of a button, the other half of me just wants to keep things simple and groovy.

Obviously I don't want to take a step back tone wise and I'm aware the TimeLine also does filtered delays, just can't see myself using all the presets in a band situation. (Is there a really huge jump in quality over the DL4?) In the studio I'd love it but there are far more things I could put money into on that front. (I already have a RE-201).

With the DL4 I can image I'd have three live presets, Dynamic Delay for Leads, Sweep Echo and Reverse with full wet for cool solos. I could always keep the El-Cap for dub delays. (I love how the tap tempo asks as a oscillating function when held down.)
    With the TimeLine and a G2 I could switch amp channels to have certain delays and it all sounds epic and perfect but it's a lot of money... and a TON of cables.

@Darcym, how much would you want for your DL4?

• You could easily flog the El-C for around £190 to £200. With that cash, you could grab a DL4 and I'd nab a DD-7 as well for this. 

The Strymon Timeline is a fab pedal, no doubt about it, but the higher fidelity of it really didn't suit me. I'm no fan of Line 6 but I'd take a DL4 above a Timeline any day of the week. 

Simple and groovy is much better than complicated and expensive for my tastes :)

• I'd guess £110 for the DL4 should do it - I'll check boxes and all that stuff when I get home as I'm not at home at the moment.
  • Hmm. I might be interested in the El Cap if you shift it...
    edited February 2014
    I'll take simplicity and ease of use anyday. Think I might hang on to the el cap for a bit, see how I get on with the dl 4. 

@Darcym, send me a PM when you've sorted stuff out.
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
    edited February 2014
    W
    edited February 2014
    Do you mean "Why?"
  • going home tonight so should be able to get back to you at some point on Saturday with more accurate info
  • Just bought a timeline today. Once it's delivered I might be selling my el cap. Timelines are great but I had to gulp at the price still :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    It's just the two presets that ruin it for me. line 6 had the right idea. With that many presets you need more than two selectable at one time.

in saying that the Strymon is big on midi so most will be able to use switchers and what not but to me it's just more stuff to hook up and mess around with. I like to set and forget. 
    @darcym, any news on the DL4 front?