Any Hughes and Kettner puretone owners here?

markjmarkj Frets: 923
I have a puretone head and matching 2x12 cab. It sounds fantastic, easily the best sounding amp I've owned. Was wondering If any other forum members have any experience with this amp. There doesn't seem much online either on other forums or on YouTube. Any comments from other owners would be more than welcome, what type of pedals you are using with this amp etc.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I had athe 1x12 combo whic i sold to @monquixote

I bloody loved it and I think hes pretty much in love too

It took pedals very well indeed, drive-wise I always liked the Fulltone Fulldrive II or the Mad professor LIttle Green WOnder

It didnt like fuzz that much though

• markjmarkj Frets: 923
    I use a wampler ecstasy drive with mine, was wondering what other overdrive or distortion pedals would work well.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17917
    tFB Trader
    As Travis says I own his old 1x12 Puretone combo. 

It's a fantastic sounding amp and loud as hell considering it's supposed to be 25 Watts. 

It's worked pretty well with all the pedals I've tried with it. 

I've tried it with loads of pedals (because I'm a total pedal whore) 
    Currently I'm using an SP comp which really makes the cleans sing and a Flint which gives you the verb and trem from a Fender amp. 

In terms of drives it has liked pretty much everything other than a Fuzz Face which just wasn't happening and an SL Drive which it didn't really suit. Currently using a Liquid Sunshine and a Bogner Red, but I've also used and enjoyed an MXR DIII, Marshall Shredmaster, Fulltone Plimsoul, AMT C2, Zvex Distortron (and loads of other stuff, but those are the ones that stand out)