Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

RIP Paco de Lucia

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30939
    edited February 2014
    Unequalled, unsurpased. An utter master of his craft, probably the greatest player of all of our lifetimes and the one player I guarantee would make any guitarist's jaw drop.

I shall get stoned and listen to Med Sundance later in memory- still, 24 yrs after I heard it, stunning.

RIP Great Man.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158

The TV over here in Spain is full of Paco concerts and tributes. Rightly so as it will be a long time before anyone takes a music form like Flamenco was in the days of Sabicas and elevates it to the level that he did. Without him the work of players like Vicente Amigo and Tomatito would have sounded very different to say the least. The fact that a player of Chick Corea´s status mentions him in the same breath as Miles Davis and John Coltrane is testament to how influential and important he is. So gald to have had the privilege to have seen him. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• A great player who wrote the book on modern flamenco. There are however composers like Manolo Sanlucar who also create beautiful sounds without the sheer technical brilliance of Paco Di Lucia 
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26351251

Only just found this out! Gutted!
    66 - not old at all!! 

Tamatito and especially Vicente Amigo - great players. Vicente's stuff is amazing.