SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - Compton Bridge or similar for 12" radius and 2.9" posts

camfcamf Frets: 1191
edited October 2017 in Parts £
Anybody have a 12" radius replacement bridge for a Gretsch Space Controller fitting 2.9" posts? Cut for 11s would be perfect.

Cheers,

cam f
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8014
    Hi Cam. You also need to measure the distance from bridge post to bridge post. On many Gretsches, this distance is 2.9”, but some pro line models use 3” spacing.  You need to make sure the Compton will fit before you buy it. 

I also recommend the Tru Arc lowrider.  I find the regular model a bit too tall. Also, if it’s a floating bridge, get some rosin. Rub it on the base of the bridge, and it’ll hold steady even with the most enthusiastic palm muting.  

Best of luck

Paul :)
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Thanks Paul... I was going to message you later with my first impressions. I'm loving it. :)
    Fixed. :)
    Bump!
    Sorted... just ordered a new tone chambered brass one. Man, I'm loving that Country Club. Can't stop playing it. If the Compton makes it even better, I might actually have to take it to bed with me. :)