SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Cheap AC4TV in Brum for sale or trade NOW SOLD

What's Hot
thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
edited October 2014 in Amps £

EDIT: THIS IS NOW SOLD

So! Would anybody be interested in a Vox AC4TV for sale or trade - it's the full sized one not the one with the tiny speaker, in perfect condition, traded here recently against my Lil Night Train so MONOFIN of this parish can vouch for its goodness.

It's all valve, 4watt little practice amp, switches between 4 watts, 1 watt and a 1/4 watt for varying levels of volume and breakup. A nice refreshingly simple set up, only three knobs to twiddle - Volume (as the volume goes up so does the gain, so no master volume), Tone, and the aforementioned power level switch. It is a cool looking amp, very retro style, and is in a lovely condition.
The tone as you'd expect is a nice Voxy crunch, it does crunch very quickly as the volume goes up. I did find though it does work nicely with the volume setting low, then a drive pedal into it, that way you can get crunch at a lower volume, or different tones. I used a Tubescreamer and a Fender voiced drive through it and both sounded pretty cool, gives it a versatility beyond the basic vox clean to crunch sounds.

I've done a quick look on ebay on sold listings and the prices seem to vary wildly. So for a sale I'll go somewhere in the middle, at about what I valued it as in the trade with the LNT - shall we say... £100? collection meet up is preferred (I'm near Birmingham, and work in the city centre).

I would consider trades, or part ex etc, anything that may be considered interesting :)
thanks all

I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    edited April 2014
    Mr Bump =] just to say i can be pretty flexible on price or trades, if you like it let me know as i may be interested in your offer!

Bump bump boing boing for offers and an updated trade list

Also selling a Joyo fuzz, Nux Live Mate, an EHX nano muff fuzz and soon to be advertised Yamaha Pacifica 012 

• mid57mid57 Frets: 42
    Hi is it the beige colour version ?
    Hello, yes it is. Sorry just remembered ive not done any photos! Sorry
    edited March 2014

Hi sent PM with offer if you still want to sell ?
    Well I guess that,s a no then !!
    Hello, sorry i have had a busy weekend. I will have a look how much it will cost to post and let you know. Thanks
    edited April 2014
    Bumper to bumper...still available in Birmingham area, not really able to post unfortunately.
    I could be tempted by a Microkorg or Mini Nova, Blackstar ht1r or similar small box amp, also quite keen on a Pro Junior I'm not able to fetch in London
    edited April 2014
    No love for this marvellous Vox in a small box? Those maybe concerned about it being non master volume so you have to crank it loud for amp od, remember the inbuilt attenuator, but also I've had some nice tones by running it pretty much clean but dirtying it up with a Vox flavoured od, or fender flavoured, or a tubescreamer

EDIT original post updated with better trade list. If you're interested, try me with an offer, you never know
    edited April 2014
    Finally got off my arse to do a quick demo of the amp for sale
    Different tones achieved by using different pickup settings, the volume knob on the guitar, then moving the amps volume up and down. Last setting was everything up to max loud everything. Guitar was a telecaster, amp was on quarter watt setting, recorded through iPad thus not best quality audio
    Apologies for the crap noodling, odd camera angle and the seemingly physically unlikely foot position... 
    Would consider lower offers...is there no love at all for it?????
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Any reasonable offer will probably do now just need this gone, meet up in brum
    Bump, can deliver this weekend, make me an offer!
    Bank Holiday bump....

I'll Bump & update one last time for this, then I'll think about ebaying it

I'd now take £100 or interesting trade offer. Would also do a deal if you fancied both this and the blue Yamaha Pacifica I've vaguely advertised here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/14641/fsft-yamaha-pacifica-012-in-blue#latest

These do sound great into a bigger cab, so you could think of it as a head with a handy built in speaker too. Please do shout up if interested at all, may be able to work something out

Hi mate, try me, I'm easily tempted by "stuff" haha chuck me a pm if you like
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319

Hmmm, what's in my 'getting rid of' corner...probably need cash adjustments one way or the other on most of them...

TC Electronics 'American Woman' pedal

Tanglewood Evolution acoustic (I forget the model number, solid cedar top orchestral-sized); bought as a fixer-upper 'cos it needed the bridge gluing down, which has been done and is solid as fuck)

Vintage V6 Strat-alike (replete with pretty shocking Lake Placid Blue refinish courtesy of Dennis ;) )

There's probably more...oh, there'll be an Aria STB four-string in black on the block once my new bass arrives...

Right then, this is definitely being listed on Ebay tomorrow, so get in quick if you have any interest in capturing it. Would swap for EMG pickups or a nice stripped out guitar body....
    Bumpy wumpy doo dah