NGSD/NFXD

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040

Earlier this evening, I received a message from a friend, alerting me to some interesting stuff which could be up for grabs.

One quick phone call and a car journey later, this arrived home...

A rather tired, but fully working GR-700 with Silver G-707 Controller and the vital PG-200 Programmer, plus one of my all-time favourite early Digital Delays - Tim Orr's 1982 E&MM Digital Delay Line. Untested as yet, updates to follow.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mortmort Frets: 720
    Going all Sigue Sigue Sputnik on us?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Very nice.    I had one years ago and while I’m always on the lookout for a cheap 505 the 707 are great.    To get the full package like that is a good find. Wow from me. 
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8040
    mort said:
    Going all Sigue Sigue Sputnik on us?

What d'you mean, *going*? I've owned about 15 of these! :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 620
    @HarrySeven can I ask how many square metres is your place and what percentage do you have to yourself? I've never wanted a bigger home until I have seen your posts. Looks wicked :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    update me on the Powertran and tell me more - somehow I recall them in the past - Did Edge use them ?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14750
    Déjà vu, again?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Wow! I've always wanted a 700/707, ever since I played one at a music fair back in the 80s.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1695
    When I see these, it bugs me that there is an adjustable truss rod, but the headstock is attached to the guitar with a handle.

I know the movements are tiny and the handle probably flexes, but it just flummoxes my eyes like an Escher drawing.

• @HarrySeven ;  curious...  do you plan to open a museum or something??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Repeat purchasing of the same item is symptomatic of early onset Alzheimer's Disease.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I just dont get it, what is the point? , their must be some mental illness associated with this , I mean man do what you need to do but why? I am always on the look out forGRs but never find them, and you have about 45 and counting which clearly will never be played! It so frustrating to think of them sitting in a stuffy barn when one could be in my living room!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

@Strangefan - I'm quite happy to stop posting NGD's if it makes you less frustrated. Anything to keep the peace...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16945

@Strangefan - I'm quite happy to stop posting NGD's if it makes you less frustrated. Anything to keep the peace...

don't you dare!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    As I said buddy you do what you want,im not jealous or annoyed, your money your guitars, i just find it frustrating how hard it is to find a GR or some some of the numberous raritys you have , where as maybe now and again when you have over 3 of them maybe offer them to the community, or let us know where they are instead of snatching for yourself !!! :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    thanks - I somehow recall them from the past - forgot it was a kit option project - would be nervous times building that and hope it works out
    frustrating how hard it is to find a GR
    Finding them is the easy bit. Finding one with six healthy voice chips is the knack. Even then, the tracking on the lower strings is atrocious.

In my opinion, Lord Seven is doing "the community" a favour by protecting us from such ancient technology. The best way to prise a Roland G-707/GR-700 outfit from his grasp would be to offer him money. Shortly thereafter, you will find yourself handing over more money to a synthesizer repair technician and/or e-mailing around Europe in a quest for substitute chips.

edited October 2017
    @Funkfingers ;Haha that won't help. Remember Mr h's  for sale tthread, the responses and requests fell on  deaf ears!, it's a bona-fide addiction, theirs no way to get anything other than a peavey with a floyd, out of our good man D  
    @Funkfingers ;Haha that won't help. 

Correct. As @spark240 has said previously, sadly, money doesn't work on me.