SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Bigsby B5 & Vibramate v5 short

What's Hot
glt56glt56 Frets: 209
Anyone got either of these (or both?) for sale?
Cheers,
Geoff
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3324
    I recommend saving your money on the vibramate and going straight for the b5, the vibramate saps tone in my experience. Some folks here have also had a great deal of luck with the Duesenberg trem if you need it to be reversible.
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    I've had a couple of Les Trems and really like them, but I've also had a B7 and vibramate on a Les Paul goldtop and found it fine albeit very heavy.  This is for a Firebird non-reverse which should end up considerably lighter, so I think it's worth giving it a shot?  I just prefer the B5 look to the Les Trem, but we'll see...
    Fair enough mate. When I added a b5 with vibramate to my Les Paul special it buggered the tone completely, I was far happier after attaching the b5 direct to the body. 
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    As some TV ad from the 70's once said... " I think it's worth a crack Nigel!"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    glt56 said:
    As some TV ad from the 70's once said... " I think it's worth a crack Nigel!"
    Yeah and at least you can sell it on afterwards. :)