NPD finally after 7 months of pre-order delays... DOD Rubberneck

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6150
    Can it be used as a pre-amp like the Echoplex with the repeats turned off/down?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7826
    @JezWynd I don't think so, the gain control affects repeats and the mix is a wet / dry blend, it doesn't boost.

@Erictheweary Right, I should have read the manual, i didn't realize that the rubberneck bit was a continual press of the on/of switch.... doh! Should have read the manual I thought it was in combination with the Regen press... so this just got even more to check out

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6150
    @Teetonetal, thanks for the info. I have one on the way. Completely agree re the Phasor, one of the nicest phase sounds I've found, just the right amount of depth.
  • @Teetonetal - Patrick, how are you getting on with yours ? A keeper still ?
  • well, I've still got it. It got a bit hijacked by the polymoon and I've not really had any desire to revist.
    It's a nice analogue delay, does a lot, hard to dial in, need to revist would be how I sum it up.

I'm doing a mega board rebuild over the weekend... might get a chance to try again.

I think @meltedbuzzbox has got a lot more in depth than me, so can probably offer a better review.
  • I really like the look of these but given that I own and Re-20 and an Obscura I'm not sure its worthwhile chasing this particular dream...
  • @UnclePsychosis I'd say the rubberneck is a much nicer delay than the obscura. 
    It all depends what you want I guess.
    I wanted something that was close to my Moog mf104m that could be easily replaced if the worst were to happen. 
    I love the thing and have been dead happy with it. I've also found it dead easy to dial in but I have to say the modulation section is very much on a hair trigger. You can turn that on and off via a fs3x though.
    If you want dark repeats, or bright, gritty or very wonky the rubberneck does them all and everything in between
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.