Anyone here tried the Ibanez RGDIX6MPB-SBB Surreal Blue Burst

stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7202
edited October 2017 in Guitar
I've been looking at these for a while and am intrigued by the longer scale length etc

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/ibanez-rgdix6mpb-sbb-surreal-blue-burst.htm

Anyone here owns one? Opinons?

I'm going to go and try one out, see what they feel like to play.
Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• the_mechanicthe_mechanic Frets: 9
    edited October 2017
    I tried both versions, 6 and 7 strings.
    It feels very solid and generally well made but I didn't like the neck (I prefer the old wizard prestige but of course it's a matter of preferences)
    The sound is killer, it has DiMarzio pickups and you can reach a massive sound when distorted.
    I think it's an honest guitar for the price and looks wonderful!

Edit: ah, it comes in D tuning! It's fantastic for detune
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7202
    I'm intrigued to try out something with a longer scale length, I like the idea of a fixed bridge and for the money, it looks like it could be a useful instrument for D tuning.

Yes, I do also like that green-blue burl top as well, so I might have to get one.

I want something different and I cannot get on with 7 strings, as I had a JP7 and found the extra sting cumbersome, but this extended scale length could be more for me.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I don't know, but that model name is quite ridiculous :lol:

Always hated those finishes - hated them when Carvin/Kiesel brought them out, even more so when Ibanez did a crap rip-off of them... I've played a couple of other RGDs and they're pretty cool though. The old chameleon purple/green 7-string they did was ace.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3376
    Played the six string yesterday, was well built except the frets where scratchy as f**k which isn’t acceptable on a guitar that price especially when the squier and offset fenders next to it had smooth frets for what half the price?  

grungebob said:
    Played the six string yesterday, was well built except the frets where scratchy as f**k which isn’t acceptable on a guitar that price especially when the squier and offset fenders next to it had smooth frets for what half the price?  

Did you try it in an amp? If so what was the sound like?
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3376
    stonevibe said:
    grungebob said:

Did you try it in an amp? If so what was the sound like?
    No I didn’t as the frets put me off. It did ring loud and true acoustically and you could feel the vibrations all through the guitar which is promising.  
    I'm going to see if I can find one to try out this weekend and have a go via an amp. Hopefully, it'll have decent frets!