While my guitar gently sleeps.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• wow duly awarded :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Frets: 201
    edited October 2017
    Just a bit of a update.Left the guitar out of its case for a few days and played it.Its back to its former glory.Thks for all your help guys,(Martin 00015sm)
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11517
    Think that's the problem with having too many guitars.  You find some that don't get played enough.

I play a guitar of some kind almost every day, but sometimes one will sit in it's case for a month or two.  I have less than I did, but I could do with selling one or two more.  it's just that they are all slightly different, and I can kind of justify keeping them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s a nice problem to have having too many guitars though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have an old Sigma D28H which I have owned since 1988, and for about 6-7 years I battered that guitar 2-3 gigs a week and it sounded amazing. I either had 12-13's on it and it was punchy and resonant, despite back and sides being ply. 
    However I stopped playing it for a couple of years due to new bands, sometimes I was on bass sometimes lead so the acoustic was in a case shut away. 
    When I finally took it out it sounded awful, not just dead but seriously dull no bass or treble. 
    I did the usual changed strings and played it a bit which started to improve the sound but due to my hands I struggle to play it for more than 4-5 mins at a time as I cramp up with such a small V profile neck. I now leave it hanging on wall, accessible to just grab every so often and play a while. Not as good as it was but only one that's a keeper out of all my guitars due to sentimental reasons. 
    Most important thing, keep playing them. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15844
    I don't play much guitar anymore (fiddle is my main thing now, and combined with a bit of arfer in my left hand makes it uncomfortable) but I still keep the larry on a stand and whenever I go in my studio (aka the spare room) I will take it down, if only for a few mins, and pick out a few things on it. Dunno about electrics, but acoustics certainly benefit from being played daily.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    edited October 2017
    The forthright answer to this is - I chose good instruments when parting with my hard earned cash, they always sound good
    no matter what the atmospheric pressure or humidity or solar wind intensity etc is doing and within reason what strings are on them.
    That being the case this allows me to concentrate on what having guitars is all about - creating music. Thats what I listen to - everything else is a distraction.
    Also knowing theres a quality constant allows me to enjoy other aspects of playing - like how my music on my guitars sounds in different 'spaces'. E.g. I can still hear the sound of my Lowden floating around St Andrews in the Square in Glasgow - I was so taken with the 'effect', almost like playing through an Ecoplex - I almost lost track of where I was 'in the piece'.
    On the point of them becoming less responsive with lack of playing - yeah, well so do I, I haven't been playing much the last couple of years and when I have the guitar I take out may have lay'n for month's without being played so it's a 'wake up call' for both of us o