Two very different new additions - NGD

What's Hot
ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
Two different things have arrived in the last couple of days. 

The first is a MusicMan Sil...however the hell you spell it. You know what I mean. I've always liked the look and sound of these after seeing Kyle Cook of Matchbox 20 play one on my wife's favourite song (If you're gone). I've tried a couple of the cheaper Sub and Sterling models - and whilst I loved the necks they felt a little bit like the cheap relation. This popped up on eBay and I loved the colour. Shame about the chip on the upper body, but no big deal. I made a reasonable offer and the deal was done.

Play-wise I love the neck and the finish. The more expensive end of the family shows its price position. The build is superb, and there is a decent variation in tones available from the HSH setup. The bridge is a little harsh for me - but I mainly play on the neck and middle anyway. Rolling of the one takes some of the thinness out of things too. Locking tuners and a fixed bridge give tuning stabiity - now I just have to get used to the fact that the body feels 3/4 size!

Second in was a snap purchase on the WG site whilst looking at VIgiers. A fiesta red Nash T type. Fitted with Lollars and a nice chunky neck. This is my first experience with Lollars - and I'm blown away. I have been really happy with my 96 Jap Tele - until now. This is so much clearer - very very articulate. It feels like a tele on steroids. Whether you like relics, hate relics or just don't care this is one hell of a telecaster. Even my roadie-in-training couldn't resist taking a turn...

And it looks pretty damn good with my Raygun Relic strat too...

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AvalonAndyAvalonAndy Frets: 326
    edited February 2019
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
    That new Nash T looks magnificent.  I haven't tried one but I've heard only really positive things.  Noel Gallagher is a Nash disciple.  Congrats.
    Thanks man. I've actually fancied a Nash S Type for a while...but this popped up at just the right moment. And I am a sucker for Fiesta red...particularly when it's a bit knackered!
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7888
    Nice, musicmans play so easily
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9707
    LOVIN that Nash :)
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    That Tele is lovely. Congratulations
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I'm not a musicman fan personally, nothing wrong with them at all, just not my cup of tea these days. Having said that, I almost bought a Petrucci 7 string and a Steve morse years ago. Still, great if it's your thing!

The Nash is a thing of beauty, I love that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Had a nash strat - great instruments 
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1108
    That Tele is a stunner!
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3327
    That Nash is awesome, great guitars! Enjoy.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16275
    never mind the guitars .......look at the crash helmets
    How many heads have you got ?
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1116
    Well, you know. When one gets bored of playing guitar one can always sit back and polish ones helmet....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice guitars.  Owned a couple of Silhouettes in the past.  Great quality and playability.
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    I loved my Nash Tele & can second the lollars. Sounded superb. Good score :)
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Can't beat Lollars.
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Oh man, that Tele is something else!