New ThorpyFx Pedal. The Veteran Silicon

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6220
    tFB Trader
    tone1 said:
    @mark_jwedge ;;
    I spent lots of time today just with the boost on with exactly that (crunchy amp) sounded so good that I almost forgot I didn’t have the main attraction (Fuzz side) switched on. I’m only on Single coils though, so perhaps a Humbucker user could chip in! Perhaps Adrian could advise on whether it’s the same boost circuit as the Germanium Veteran.... :) 
    It is not. This circuit uses a silicon transistor too 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5183
    edited October 2017
    @ThorpyFX  the boost did sound more open than the Germanium but thought it might be my exuberant playing

@pickerg ;;;;
    from memory ( no laughing at the back) .....QOTSA I sat by the Ocean, Van Morrison’s Baby Please Don’t go, AC/DC Back in Black, Ride on, Money for Nothing, SRV, Sabbath, Lots Of Hendrix, ZZ top.....it’s got lots of chime and articulation and so addictive. The roll off from the guitar’s volume is where it’s at for me, Lovely overdrive through to face melting from 5/6 on the Guitar’s volume to 10... I’ve said too much I’ll get back in me box now B

Edit...and if course lots of Floyd...Mother solo, Time solo etc

Edit 2...I didn’t want to post a review this soon as it only comes across as false but I do love it....I usually know very quickly if a pedal is for me or not.
  • pickergpickerg Frets: 30
    Thanks that’s really useful, appreciate your comments. I’m convinced I need to try one, and ordered.
  • I'll wait for the non limited one to come out I think :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/