SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Warmoth baritone conversion neck roasted maple with re-shaped headstock

FatPeteFatPete Frets: 683
edited November 2017 in Parts £
From a project that is taking a different direction!

Full spec as originally ordered shown in first pic.

Last price drop before ebay!

**New pics against plain background show how the headstock looks now.**

This neck fits a standard Strat neck pocket and converts from 25 1/2" to 28 5/8" baritone scale.

This has been fitted and strung but not set up and not really played. There is no fret wear. There are very slight signs of handling, the worst being a tiny dent in the fingerboard near the 12th fret.

What I have done is cut the headstock to a different shape. This has been done competently (if I do say so myself). Decide for yourself if you like it!

Also, the headstock face was dyed black with india ink but has been sanded back and fine sanded to a nice sheen. There may still be slight remnants of the black as it very effectively penetrates end grain. I'll see how it looks in daylight and decide whether to sand back further or not. The black does show around the tuner holes, but they will be covered. The larger dark marks are not ink, they are natural mineral streaks present in the wood.

*Now re-done so no obvious signs of the black remain where it will be visible. The mineral streaks near the 3rd string tuner are also somewhat reduced.

The back of the neck has been 'burnished' (super-fine sanded) and is fabulously smooth - looks almost like a glossy finish but feels like the smoothest satin you'll ever play, but will never wear to a sticky gloss. The fret ends get a subtle, incidental dress during this process. No finish of any kind has been applied and none is needed.

At current exchange rates + delivery, duty etc., this neck would cost around £350.00 (plus, let's say another £150 for my design and luthiery!?) A bargain at:

Collect from Milton Keynes or delivery at cost.

£200.00

Trading feedback: Trading feedback
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments