Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What would you buy for £800-£1000

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Frets: 200
    edited November 2017
    I’ve been in your position years ago.Iam lucky enough to own several martins.I also own a sigma.
    Sigma’s are very good stop gap regarding budget.Their not a Martin but if you find the right one their very good..To be honest I shocked how good they are. My Sigma’s a keeper.(Ps you not far away from my M36 in classifieds a real Martin).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12394
    edited November 2017
    You really do need to try before you buy. I went into Unplugged with the idea of buying either a Martin or a Yamaha L series. I'd based this on reviews in guitar mags and general forum feedback. I left with a Takamine SS dread. It just felt better all round:,it had a nicer neck, it sounded sweeter and had more depth to the tone. (The Martin was one of the Formica-style  topped things they were doing in the early 2000's, obviously made down to a price point and they sounded terrible. Afaik they didn't make them for long, unsurprisingly .) 
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited November 2017
    I find with acoustics its not what it says on the headstock or how much it costs. It what it plays and sounds like. I know that sounds a knobby comment but its true ha.
  • Thank you everyone for all your input. I ended up getting an Avalon!!

Incredible piece of craftsmanship and it sounds ruddy lovely, going to have to play it in a bit more as I don't think it's been used much in the last year, however it's pretty much brand new. Used it properly for the first time yesterday and it was loud and clear, and the sustain on it is pretty special. First hand made guitar I've ever owned and I'm very impressed with it

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom